HW/Weihrauch Reminder to check those springs, gents.

Absolutely shattered after 3k pellets, from my HW77.

Posti effed about with my vortek kit until after I left for my holiday. But I’ll be installing it when I get back.

IMG_4535.jpeg

The factory springs in both my HW95s broke. One of them broke with less than 3k pellets through the rifle.

Ive heard similar stories from other shooters as well. The factory HW springs don't seem to hold up well. The piston seals are nothing to brag about either. I put ARH springs in both my guns.

You made a good decision to go with the aftermarket parts.

Absolutely shattered after 3k pellets, from my HW77.

Posti effed about with my vortek kit until after I left for my holiday. But I’ll be installing it when I get back.

View attachment 481034
My factory 97K spring broke at 2K shots, it still shot ok, but cocking wasn't right. Mine only broke near the end in two pieces. Also broke a Hornet spring on the top hat end, maybe 5K shots I really don't remember. Currently running an old JM QX 4600 with thousands of shots and still going strong. Factory springs are brittle.

What kind of velocity were you actually getting with that bad boi when you finally decided to tear it down to take a look?
Can’t say for sure. I only have 20m range for most shooting and no chronograph.

That said, the ballistics app predicted about 575fps when I ordered the Vortek kit. I suspect more coils broke between then and now.

My factory 97K spring broke at 2K shots, it still shot ok, but cocking wasn't right. Mine only broke near the end in two pieces. Also broke a Hornet spring on the top hat end, maybe 5K shots I really don't remember. Currently running an old JM QX 4600 with thousands of shots and still going strong. Factory springs are brittle.
My 97k went back under warranty for not latching, but they never told me what failed. They would only tell me the work they did. I had a Vortek kit installed, and trigger work done. I only paid for the kit, they covered shipping both ways.
At the same time that the 97k was having latching problems it often latched without the safety engaged.

Reactions: bustachip
It must be going around. I've had 2 new HW rifles in the past 6 months with broken springs. HW95 and HW97. Both started out great but within 3k shots lost velocity. Broken springs.

AOA repaired them both under warranty using the factory parts. I have about 3k shots through the 95 and it so far things are great. I'll probably drop an ARH kit in them if they break again.

I bought an HW95 from Pyramid a couple years ago. Couldn't make it shoot a group. I sent it back for replacement. The rifle they sent back drove tacks for 1500 shots then lost power. It was only shooting about 450 fps. I got a refund.

They are great rifles and I'm happy with them. But when lightning strikes three times there is a problem.

My 97k went back under warranty for not latching, but they never told me what failed. They would only tell me the work they did. I had a Vortek kit installed, and trigger work done. I only paid for the kit, they covered shipping both ways.
At the same time that the 97k was having latching problems it often latched without the safety engaged.
Same for me. The pivot pin linking the cocking handle to the cocking arm was worn. It gave it just enough slack to shorten the cocking stroke. At first the safety would not engage. As it got worse it wouldn't engage the trigger.

There was slack at the other end of the stroke too. When fully closed you could push the compression tube back and forth a little. There was no compression at the breech seal when cocked.

That linkage is important at both ends of the stroke. When things get a little slack all sorts of problems arise. A new $5 pin is all it takes to fix them unless the bore in the cocking lever is swallowed out. Then you are replacing the entire cocking mechanism to get things to sync up properly.

20240323_190918.jpg

It must be going around. I've had 2 new HW rifles in the past 6 months with broken springs. HW95 and HW97. Both started out great but within 3k shots lost velocity. Broken springs.

AOA repaired them both under warranty using the factory parts. I have about 3k shots through the 95 and it so far things are great. I'll probably drop an ARH kit in them if they break again.

I bought an HW95 from Pyramid a couple years ago. Couldn't make it shoot a group. I sent it back for replacement. The rifle they sent back drove tacks for 1500 shots then lost power. It was only shooting about 450 fps. I got a refund.

They are great rifles and I'm happy with them. But when lightning strikes three times there is a problem.
I had to rma 2 times to get a good one or I should say one I could get going good ..lol

Then I guess they need to do more more expensive guns and increase the pre order times .. just seems after covid hw just can't seem to get there ball rolling . And like here these later guns seem to be having there issues .. that's if one you want is even readly available at there inflated pricing today ..lol

I'm not buying ..

Last edited:
Reactions: coastal drifter