Removing front iron sight on RWS Diana model 24

Relatively new to Air guns. I have a RWS Diana model 24 that I'm renovating. There is a date mark which says 7 04. I installed a new spring with spring guide. Watched a model 34 being disassembled/reassembled as a go by. Would like to put scope on it. With that in mind, I removed the one screw that seemed to be holding the front sight on. Tried to move the body of the sight, but it wouldn't budge. Doubtful it was soldered, but not sure about taping gently to loosen the sight after the one screw is removed. Is there some process I'm missing or is it supposed to come free with a few light taps?

I know some would advise the rifle is best used with iron sights. They don't have my eyes. Thanks for any help to my inquery.

airgunsrfn

Tapped lightly, just a hair more than first try. Whalaaaa moved an 1/8' forward. Continued to tap but lighter because it's now broken free. Came off with little effort. I have a PCP air rifle I can't use anymore because both rotator cuffs have been surgically repaired and I re-tore them. To fix that would require a complicated major surgery. Not for me, but I can't use the pump that came with the PCP rifle.

At any rate the PCP had a "backyard" suppressor on it and I measured the barrel diameter. Both rifles have the same diameter barrel. So will transfer the suppressor to the Diana.

Rifle shot dime size groups at 10 yards. My son bought a Caldwell Chronograph for my Christmas present. The Diana shoots a 10.6 grain Kodiak domed tip pellet at 570 FPS. It shot a Crossman SSS 4 grain lead free at 669 FPS. Not the speediest, but not bad. Thanks for the suggestion. I needed someone to confirm what I thought was the thing to do. Happy shooting!

Don M