Umarex Replacement umarex notos barrels/nightmare installing plenum kit

Trying to install the c88 machine plenum kit, not going well on removing the moderator. Trying my best to protect the barrel but started going angled. I must have removed about 0.016in (0.43mm) of material. Hopefully not enough to ruin the barrel but not a good amount to lose.

I wish it were easier to remove these as there really aren’t any guys out there showing how, and unfortunately I don’t own a lathe, know anyone with one, nor is there anyone that offers services with one within a hundred miles of me.

If you try to mod your notos, beware this is what may occur, as I took my tame patiently but an ever so slight error may have costed me a barrel, and a notos

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Trying to install the c88 machine plenum kit, not going well on removing the moderator. Trying my best to protect the barrel but started going angled. I must have removed about 0.016in (0.43mm) of material. Hopefully not enough to ruin the barrel but not a good amount to lose.

I wish it were easier to remove these as there really aren’t any guys out there showing how, and unfortunately I don’t own a lathe, know anyone with one, nor is there anyone that offers services with one within a hundred miles of me.

If you try to mod your notos, beware this is what may occur, as I took my tame patiently but an ever so slight error may have costed me a barrel, and a notos

View attachment 496446

View attachment 496447

View attachment 496450
Yikes!! Sorry to hear you went through this trouble only to end up with these results. Did you know that the same person that makes the plenum kit also makes the FX barrel kits. The other option is to convert to a bottle. Otherwise you run the chance of this happening.

There's dozens of pages on threads about Notos builds and how to go about them.

20240913_103703.jpg

20240910_203751.jpg

Yikes!! Sorry to hear you went through this trouble only to end up with these results. Did you know that the same person that makes the plenum kit also makes the FX barrel kits. The other option is to convert to a bottle. Otherwise you run the chance of this happening.

There's dozens of pages on threads about Notos builds and how to go about them.

View attachment 496452

View attachment 496453
Do they come with barrels? And what exactly are these kits? At this point, continuing forward would be to hope I can salvage it and the barrel is just going to have an ugly gouge forever.

Been considering a bottle mod, I just wanted to try the plenum kit but I just simply don’t have the tools to do this like others have. Just a guy in his garage

Reactions: Firewalker
Do they come with barrels? And what exactly are these kits? At this point, continuing forward would be to hope I can salvage it and the barrel is just going to have an ugly gouge forever.

Been considering a bottle mod, I just wanted to try the plenum kit but I just simply don’t have the tools to do this like others have. Just a guy in his garage
It's an fx barrel kit so the housing for the Liner, amongst the other parts to make it fit into the block. You would have to also source your own liner.

@Firewalker does fantastic work though so you'd be in great hands.

Screenshot_20240915_211816_eBay.jpg

View attachment 496446

View attachment 496447

View attachment 496450
It doesn’t appear that you have ruined anything besides the looks of the barrel. The looks/finish can be dealt with once you have the rest of the mod removed.

Dave

It doesn’t appear that you have ruined anything besides the looks of the barrel. The looks/finish can be dealt with once you have the rest of the mod removed.

Dave
Ended up getting a replacement from firewalker. The issue is this is from a diagonal cut to remove the moderator on one side, i have every other side to worry about.

Risk being unable to attach the plenum kit moderator part, and Ill never have a moderator again.

Reactions: Firewalker
Ended up getting a replacement from firewalker. The issue is this is from a diagonal cut to remove the moderator on one side, i have every other side to worry about.

Risk being unable to attach the plenum kit moderator part, and Ill never have a moderator again.

I got you!

Reactions: EmersonWaved