• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Reticle style favorites

I have found that nothing irritates me more than a reticle that’s either too busy, too fine, or too damn small on certain applications. My personal favorite currently is the pdtr
IMG_1696.1601089482.JPG
- not sure of spelling reticle found on the riton x3 conquer and x3 primal. Clean reticle with full windage hashes and a small dash over with a dot in the center, also SFP so I need not worry about it getting too small for my eyes. So , name your favorites and why.

ALL .2 mil hash reticles rock! They've become the most popular in PRS and NRL for a reason and that is for exact holdovers/offs.

I prefer reticle thickness in the .05 mil area. Too thin in FFP or too thick can be annoying.

The T3 is getting busy even for me but the H59 is fine. 

As long as there aren't mil line numbers directly off the vertical crosshair in the reticle I'm good! I hate looking through a big number when holding over and off for windage.

Reticles with ALL .5 mil hashes aren't bad at all but I don't like .2 mil hashes mixed with .5 mil hashes.

In SFP I like thicker reticles for quick acquisition as far as hunting goes. For BR with SFP I don't mind a thin-ish reticle at high magnification.

If I had my way - all my scopes would have daylight bright illumination. That's something I thought was really cool in the Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56!

I guess I like floating center dots the most but a floating cross is fine too.

I actually dont mind the basic non obstructive clean 10x Mildot reticles Like the Barra and Bushnell TAC 4.5-30x50 and SWFA SS 10x or even 15x Bushnell TAC 5-15x40 AO but not the 24x mildots like the Weaver V24 and Sightron SIII and old Burris Signature Rimfire/Airgun 6-24x44 AO with upgraded Mildot that look like large strung anal beads.

My favorite reticles

● must have thick outside posts, so when my FFP scope is at low magnification the thick posts will guide my eyes to the intersection of the crosshairs.

● should have a few numbers so I don't have to count with my eyes where my 7.5mil holdover hash mark is located.

● are illuminated -- I don't mind the extra ounce it weighs, but rather have the extra help to see the reticle better when at low magnification on my FFPs. And of course I need it for my low light and night shooting situations.

● are mil reticles, that match my mil turrets.

One example below: Falcon S18i 3-18x50 FFP

Matthias

Scopes. Falcon. Reticle. B24 of the S18i. 3-1850.1601107506.jpg