Retired members here?

Retired in 2022....got bored. Went back to work (different employer, same job) almost exactly two years later. There is only so much housework, yard work, and airgun shooting you can do.. Very happy. I always loved my job.. Planning to work at least 5 more years, until my wife can retire @ 62. Yup, I married a much younger woman.

62 is my plan, but that can change with the wind. My wife thinks she will work a few more years after that.
The important part is to get out of the neighborhood and move to where I can shoot more freely. Can’t move far as we have to stay near the grandchildren.
We still have a lot to work out. Many things can change in 2 1/2 years.

Retired early (61) union carpenter here, 6 1/2 years. I do some side jobs very occasionally, I also repair fretted instruments and I am teaching myself, via Youtube, how to wood turn...and then there's the airguns/firearms thing. I'm not sitting on the couch eating bon bons and getting fat.

Retired early (61) union carpenter here, 6 1/2 years. I do some side jobs very occasionally, I also repair fretted instruments and I am teaching myself, via Youtube, how to wood turn...and then there's the airguns/firearms thing. I'm not sitting on the couch eating bon bons and getting fat.
My plan is 1 year and 4 months, I'll be 62. Wife loves her job and plans on working a few more years. Guess I'll see how it goes, sure would be nice to have some time to shoot.

I'm assuming the majority of members here are retired. Or if I'm wrong what is a good guess on the percentage of retired airguners?
Just guessing by reading a lot of the posts on when people are shooting or out farting around during the day..lol.
Hopefully I'll get there one day and join in on the
fun.✌🏻
I retired once... quite boring, i need purpose, so, back to work and 30 years later, although i don't have to work, it allows me to serve others which realy helps my mental health and as a side note i can buy any airgun toy i want without thought. Now if i can just find the perfect 6-16 acres of land to create an airgun range/facility.

Retirement? Yeah right...Quit work in Jan of '17, plant moved and I "retired" at 61...so called. Wife immediately pestered me into remodeling our Tennessee house we built in '99...that took a year but turned out very nice and ended up selling ot to Californians and moving to Ceder Key Florida, (wife's choice) bought a nice cottage to "retire" in...wife immediately wanted to "remodel" this one too...got that done...then she wanted an addition added on to it
1000003558.jpg
1000003555.jpg
...that was an 18 month nightmare, but turned out very nice...sold it to a Pennsylvania girl...We now have 10ac's and wife (we) are in the process of building our (her) dream house. That's about half done now...Retirement??? 50 hour weeks in a machine shop was light entrainment compared to what my wife has me doing since I retired!...To be continued....sigh.....Roofs goin' on today.

Retirement? Yeah right...Quit work in Jan of '17, plant moved and I "retired" at 61...so called. Wife immediately pestered me into remodeling our Tennessee house we built in '99...that took a year but turned out very nice and ended up selling ot to Californians and moving to Ceder Key Florida, (wife's choice) bought a nice cottage to "retire" in...wife immediately wanted to "remodel" this one too...got that done...then she wanted an addition added on to itView attachment 490292View attachment 490294...that was an 18 month nightmare, but turned out very nice...sold it to a Pennsylvania girl...We now have 10ac's and wife (we) are in the process of building our (her) dream house. That's about half done now...Retirement??? 50 hour weeks in a machine shop was light entrainment compared to what my wife has me doing since I retired!...To be continued....sigh.....Roofs goin' on today.
No crawl space?

3 1/2 yrs into retirement. Enjoying every day of it. These are the times that we prepare for, and now can relax and enjoy. We are so blessed. Closing in on 50yrs of marriage to my incredible bride, with whom I share this new chapter of our lives. Air guns has been my ever increasing hobby to fill my days.....

I'm assuming the majority of members here are retired. Or if I'm wrong what is a good guess on the percentage of retired airguners?
Just guessing by reading a lot of the posts on when people are shooting or out farting around during the day..lol.
Hopefully I'll get there one day and join in on the
fun.✌🏻
16 more months, on and for my birthday at 70, if the Lord says the same!

Quit working full time 9 years ago and been part time, mostly from home since. I told the current company I'm with that I was done at the end of last year but agreed to help finish 1 project I was involved with so I'm still working from home a few hours a week. I used to think that once I retired or cut back I would spend a lot more time fishing but that hasn't happened. Unfortunately, it seems all my fishing partners are now deceased or infirm. I still get out by myself some but launching and loading my boat by myself isn't as easy as it was a few years ago so I can talk myself out of going pretty easily....... too windy, too calm, might rain, too cold, too hot, launch ramp too busy, too many other boats out, etc. 😆LOL
You forgot the best excuse " I am retired i can do it tomorrow "

Last edited:
My plan is 1 year and 4 months, I'll be 62. Wife loves her job and plans on working a few more years. Guess I'll see how it goes, sure would be nice to have some time to shoot.
retired being a "house husband ' will be challenging , been there done that ! just go with the flow for the few years . I made her " life ,still working ",as easy as possible . it will pay off big time when she retires .

1st retirement was in 2015 at 46yrs old. Started on the next job during transition leave and have no idea when I'll call it quits. 7 days or nights on then 7 off. The view from the office is unbeatable and I get to help others on some of the worst days of their lives. I love my job!

1000008310.jpg

1000008394.jpg

1000007930.jpg