Retired members here?

I retired at 55, almost 65 now. I really started shooting while working. We had a historic adobe structure that ground squirrels were tearing apart. Beeman Air rifles was just down the road, they provided me with ammo to do real world testing for them. Started shooting PCP’s once retired. Love them.

Reactions: Bandito
Yes,another retired airgun shooter. I still compete in centerfire bench rest but shoot a lot more shots out of the airguns. Our current home is against the woods and when we moved in 24 years ago it was chipmunk city. They gone,lol. My wife has multiple bird feeders and we found out how many gray squirrels were on the ridge behind us. They stay on the ridge now. So cheap shooting, no reloading, very minimal cleaning, and best of all with a D75 I finally have gotten my wife to shoot. As I expected given her personality, she has gotten very good quickly. At 77 years old I have found a new exciting challenge with my springers. I pay for just about everything with a credit card that gives me cash back. That cashback pays for my pellets, so free ammo. Great sport. Yes, retirement is great, just a fee adfitional aches and pains as time goes on.

I'm 42, got a long way to go still. Hopefully I get to retire, but the way the world is going, I'll probably work til I die. Or die while I'm working lol. I am an electrician so the possibility is pretty high!
Protect you neck! I trashed mine working long hours overhead. My first job post surgery was was heavy on scissor lifts and bucket truck. An electrician with a bad neck is a poor recipe for longevity. I’m “retired” now, but would actually prefer to work, if I could do so without physical repercussions.

Reactions: Bandito
Protect you neck! I trashed mine working long hours overhead. My first job post surgery was was heavy on scissor lifts and bucket truck. An electrician with a bad neck is a poor recipe for longevity. I’m “retired” now, but would actually prefer to work, if I could do so without physical repercussions.
I've had neck and shoulder problems already, and my knees aren't that great from spending years as a mechanic. I hope my body makes it to retirement and not disability. Sad we have to destroy ourselves for 3/4 of our lives just to spend the last of it in pain and possibly poverty. My age group are struggling bad right now with kids and mortgages to pay for. I say it all the time, I wish I was born 20 years earlier.

My kids are both around 40 years old. Both married with two small kids. My son makes less but he and his wife are in good jobs that will pay them a pension when they retire. My daughter-in-law is a teacher so hers will probably continue. Not sure about my son but it is a Japanese owned company so I have some hope. My daughter and son-in-law make more but probably no significant pension income (some hope for the daughter). So they have a financial advisor and have to live on a fairly strict budget to fund everything including early retirement. Both are planning more than I did. We lived off my income once they arrived but fortunately my late wife was frugal and I get a couple pensions that provide a nice retirement for me. Living off investments scares me. I had the chance to take a lump sum and passed. If that is your only option I would look hard at annuities. You buy them with your lump sum of cash and then get guaranteed monthly income usually for life. So nice to know the checks will keep coming. If we don't stop having big time inflation it will affect me, however. Those checks are nice but they aren't getting any bigger as things increase in cost.

I retired in 1997 from the aerospace industry and worked part time for another 10 years. I will be 84 next month and still enjoy airgunning and BR competition. Everytime I see a new rifle on the market I just have to have it. I have a RAW Micro Hunter on the way as we speak.
Great for you! I’ll be 85 in a couple of months and like you I just love having new guns to try out, and have 3 coming now! Charles

Retirement? Yeah right...Quit work in Jan of '17, plant moved and I "retired" at 61...so called. Wife immediately pestered me into remodeling our Tennessee house we built in '99...that took a year but turned out very nice and ended up selling ot to Californians and moving to Ceder Key Florida, (wife's choice) bought a nice cottage to "retire" in...wife immediately wanted to "remodel" this one too...got that done...then she wanted an addition added on to itView attachment 490292View attachment 490294...that was an 18 month nightmare, but turned out very nice...sold it to a Pennsylvania girl...We now have 10ac's and wife (we) are in the process of building our (her) dream house. That's about half done now...Retirement??? 50 hour weeks in a machine shop was light entrainment compared to what my wife has me doing since I retired!...To be continued....sigh.....Roofs goin' on today.
Are you doing the remodeling and building, or are you hiring it out?

Retired here also . I have gotten into Air Gun Shows , buy / sell / trading so i am shooting different stuff all the time . I have loads of fun meeting other people enjoying the same things i enjoy . Do i make money ? never thought of that . i would say with the travel and hotels NO profit , but then im not in this for a profit , i do not think i come close to break even point . Fun is all i care about .

I'm 42, got a long way to go still. Hopefully I get to retire, but the way the world is going, I'll probably work til I die. Or die while I'm working lol. I am an electrician so the possibility is pretty high!

I was in my early 40's when the financial crisis hit, and I got to watch half of my life savings evaporate. As bad as that was, I was feeling fortunate to still have a job thru it. I decided it simply meant that I would likely never retire, at least not until well into my 70s or so . . .

But I kept the funds in the market (in index funds), and stuck to the plan of living below our means and investing the savings. When the kids got older, and income rose some, we were able to live further below our means and save more. In the end, the market recovered, and that with the added savings and investment led to me retiring by choice at 57.

Bottom line - we don't know what the future holds, but fortune favors those that save and invest and prepare. Develop a robust plan and stick with it - and do know that your opportunity to save now might be less than you like, but it will probably grow over time. Retirement is great, and worth the sacrifice to save for it.

I was in my early 40's when the financial crisis hit, and I got to watch half of my life savings evaporate. As bad as that was, I was feeling fortunate to still have a job thru it. I decided it simply meant that I would likely never retire, at least not until well into my 70s or so . . .

But I kept the funds in the market (in index funds), and stuck to the plan of living below our means and investing the savings. When the kids got older, and income rose some, we were able to live further below our means and save more. In the end, the market recovered, and that with the added savings and investment led to me retiring by choice at 57.

Bottom line - we don't know what the future holds, but fortune favors those that save and invest and prepare. Develop a robust plan and stick with it - and do know that your opportunity to save now might be less than you like, but it will probably grow over time. Retirement is great, and worth the sacrifice to save for it.
But I have airguns to feed!