Reximex RP Fill Probe

I received my Reximex RP and I ran into a couple of hiccups when looking over the components. The fill probe is super tight, to the point that inserting it completely into the pistol causes the brass to shave off and it cuts/shears the first fill probe o-ring.

The bigger issue is that I am trying to determine the thread type on the fill probe so that I can add a quick connect male Foster fitting to fill it with air. I thought it was a 1/8 BSPP except that when I thread the pieces (probe and male foster fitting) together I get about 2-3 turns before it stops threading. I didn't put wrenches to it as I want to confirm the thread type before forcing or mangling them.

I have not run into this issue with my other fill probes as everything threaded together hand tight and easily (only requiring a snug down with wrenches for final tightening). None of my other fill probes are close in size and shape so I have to make sure this one works until I can find some spares to purchase. I know there are some folks that have the RP on this forum and I would appreciate any insight on the thread type.

The other issue was that it was also missing the threaded barrel adapter. I reached out to the company in Spain that sold it to me and I hope they can help me get the adapter.

I will say in spite of the issues the pistol seems to be well built and machined (aside from the tight tolerance fit of the fill probe). The ergonomics of the grip really fit my hand well and with the quick connect stock it is an interesting and unique set up. I can't wait to send some pellets down range once I get it sorted out.

-PJ

I will reply to myself.....Haha.... Reximex RPA fill probe is not even close to fitting..... It is so far off it is a joke. I reached out to ask for help but I think I will probably have to find one that fits aftermarket or look into having one custom made.

Reximex RPA.jpg

I will reply to myself.....Haha.... Reximex RPA fill probe is not even close to fitting..... It is so far off it is a joke. I reached out to ask for help but I think I will probably have to find one that fits aftermarket or look into having one custom made.

View attachment 348330
A Human

I just saw this. I ended up having to fix it myself as I got zero response from Reximex. I took the o-rings off as they were sheared as a result of trying to insert the probe. I then took some 800 grit sandpaper and very carefully spun the probe in the sandpaper making sure to keep the sandpaper from deforming and changing the profile of the probe.

Go for a little bit and then test fit it. If it is still too big go for a little bit longer and try again. You want it to be snug. When I got to the correct circumference I used some Flitz metal polish and smoothed it to a shiny finish.

It works fine now. Good luck!

-PJ

Reactions: FelixS
A Human

I just saw this. I ended up having to fix it myself as I got zero response from Reximex. I took the o-rings off as they were sheared as a result of trying to insert the probe. I then took some 800 grit sandpaper and very carefully spun the probe in the sandpaper making sure to keep the sandpaper from deforming and changing the profile of the probe.

Go for a little bit and then test fit it. If it is still too big go for a little bit longer and try again. You want it to be snug. When I got to the correct circumference I used some Flitz metal polish and smoothed it to a shiny finish.

It works fine now. Good luck!

-PJ
A Human

I only sanded the area between the yellow lines. I also broke the sharp edge at the insertion tip of the fill probe:

20230414_170000.jpg

-PJ

Awesome thanks. I was thinking of asking nicely and seeing if I could have it turned down at work on the lathe but I didn't want the wall to get too thin. I will just creep up on it with sandpaper and see how it goes.....

The RPA is pretty to look at and nice to hold so it is amazing they could botch such a key aspect of this thing so badly.

What quick release fitting did you end up going with?

Awesome thanks. I was thinking of asking nicely and seeing if I could have it turned down at work on the lathe but I didn't want the wall to get too thin. I will just creep up on it with sandpaper and see how it goes.....

The RPA is pretty to look at and nice to hold so it is amazing they could botch such a key aspect of this thing so badly.

What quick release fitting did you end up going with?
A Human

I used this Air Venturi:

-PJ