Riddle me this

Why on earth are 99% of all Airguns STILL come with an 11mm dovetail mounts!

When 99% of your decent scopes have 22mm scope rings on them.

I can’t find any quality scope rings that will fit both a 1in tube of the scope and have 11mm mounts. 😡😡😡😡😡

Always have to use an adapter. Which of course raises the scope higher up. Then I tend to need a cheak rest to compensate………

Actual footage of companies after they decide to run with 11mm dovetails

1726186177746.gif

Sportsmatch, Hawke, and BLK usually have good options.

They are highly, but I am using these on my Revere and S200. Both need room for the magazine systems.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $29.90 | Vector Optics X-ACCU 1‘’ 25.4/30/34MM 40MOA Adjustable Elevation Picatinny/Dovetail Scope Rings Adjust Max 6mm/40MOA

The compression tube wall isn't really thick enough for a good scope base purchase. And since the tube would have through holes boneheads would drive longer screws down where the piston travels. And some pistons do have a slot provided in the piston for base screws. R10 for one. Easier to just cut dovetails. I do like BKL because the fit any gun without mounting your optic lopsided. And they don't slip. For me. And I don't use stop pins that hack up the receiver and limit placement.

Yes I am talking about spring guns. I didn’t even think about that.
The ole “If that was a snake, it would have bitten you😂
Yes in my Spring guns. But still!!!!! I want a nice scope on them.
Makes sense. I agree. Sigs ASP20 had pic rail. Real bummer they stopped making them as they were great guns. As others mentioned though I find BKL to be the best for the money for dovetail. Really nice rings.

Probably because 11m dovetails are an excellent choice for the purpose. Picatinny is incredible overkill for most airguns. There's still lots of airgunners that like to avoid the tacti-cool crap.

As mentioned above, there is no shortage of vendors that make all manner of 11mm mounts. And many of them happen to be high quality by default, and not the overseas garbage that so often accompanies everything picatinny these days. Yes, there is certainly high-end picatinny options, but those prices get ridiculous quickly. Try finding high quality pic mounts for $30. Nope.

Reactions: SteveV and BABz58
It's the same reason why hotdogs and hot dog buns don't come in equal amounts. The world is mad.

Same reason your toilet paper is 4 ply, but your t-shirts from Walmart is 2 ply. This way, your paying a premium to wipe your butt, however the fabric to cover it won't last more than 30 washes before falling apart.

-Matt