• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.

Ridiculous Classified Ads... "Get a Clue!!"

I don't get why people get so bent about one person listing their items over and over. Who cares? Is it affecting your daily life? If your life is that boring, then maybe take up a different hobby that doesn't have a for sale section of its forum.

It's borderline Karenish.

If your response is "it's taking up bandwidth" well, so is this thread.

I don't get why people get so bent about one person listing their items over and over. Who cares? Is it affecting your daily life? If your life is that boring, then maybe take up a different hobby that doesn't have a for sale section of its forum.

It's borderline Karenish.

If your response is "it's taking up bandwidth" well, so is this thread.

Like old readers digest can
you increase my word power on this

"borderline Karenish.".

That one went over my head ..lol

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
That would mean that you look at all of the ads as we can reply to none of the classified ads. Thanks for sharing that.

He is referring to only ads that have not been bumped, only the OP can bump/reply in their their classified ad.

Which is a trend I take as well, if I see more than 1 reply, I don't bother reviewing the ad because I likely have already.

-Matt

Perhaps we will consider limiting the # of daily ads.

Thank you

Please do, by doing so it will simply encourage consolidation. Some members already do so, "Big airgun lot for sale", while others will post their 12 airguns individually.

No one here is bent out of shape by requesting this change, and those that oppose it so strongly, who is the one really bent out of shape? Suggestions are how we evolve/progress. Frankly, I won't be butt hurt if no changes occur, while the ones who oppose it, likely will be if they DO occur. Also calling members 'karenish' is disparaging, lets just not (you know who you are).

It'll be a de-cluttering effect, and I among many others support it. Maybe even do a week long poll...How many daily classifieds ads should we allow members?

3?
5?
8?
Unlimited?

Let the masses decide.

-Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: Basher
Perhaps a new "$1 ABSOLUTE AUCTION" section here, would cure this horrible dileama!
By listing an item in the classifieds, you agree that if you list an item 3 times and it does not sell, then it goes to the new AUCTION section, where AGN members are allowed to bid on it for 7 days, starting at $1, and it absolutely gets sold to the highest bidder.

• Haha
I only take money orders!

I only accept "PAYPAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY"!

I chuckle and scroll past quickly, when I see a complete stranger request that they be paid via "PAYPAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY"!

In other words....

Please over look my shady :cool: scheme, and pretend we are buddies and/or related, because I am getting ready to rob paypal blind, by stealing the service that they offer, and as a big added bonus, the buyer wont have any recoarse, if and when the item is not as described!
:cool: Just send me the money! YOU can trust me :cool: I would never treat ...YOU... like that! :cool:
LOL!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ctshooter
So some people's logic on here is you should only get one repost of your item. Well, I've personally bought and sold items that took a few renewals to do so.

Why would that be? Maybe I missed it the first time or didn't have the funds to burn on another toy at the time and didn't want to lead on the seller. Or maybe it's because not every members is glued to this forum 24/7 waiting to see everyone's stuff selling.

It's starting to get stale around here and lot of people just complaining over trivial things that don't matter. When I see someone who's renewed their listing 50x times, I just laugh and continue on.

Last edited:
So some people's logic on here is you should only get one repost of your item. Well, I've personally bought and sold items that took a few renewals to do so.

Why would that be? Maybe I missed it the first time or didn't have the funds to burn on another toy at the time and didn't want to lead on the seller. Or maybe it's because not every members is glued to this forum 24/7 waiting to see everyone's stuff selling.

It's starting to get stale around here and lot of people just complaining over trivial things that don't matter. When I see someone who's renewed their listing 50x times, I just laugh and continue on.

That is not the full premise of the thread. You're focusing on one tiny detail...

Michael even chimed in and said "Maybe we will limit how many daily ads a user can post". Likely because, its a reasonable change that could be made.

I personally don't think there should be a renewal limit, but the OP did express that some users should, often times, face a reality check once their item has been lingering for upwards of a year, or longer. There are some ads in the classifieds with 40+ renewals with no budging on their asking price. OP didn't ask for these to be removed, he is advising such users, that, it is likely their item is over-priced and the seller should be more flexible. I see no harm or foul here.

Calling grown men Karenish though...hah, try that face to face at the bar my friend, see how many grown men shrug it off.

-Matt

That is not the full premise of the thread. You're focusing on one tiny detail...

Michael even chimed in and said "Maybe we will limit how many daily ads a user can post". Likely because, its a reasonable change that could be made.

I personally don't think there should be a renewal limit, but the OP did express that some users should, often times, face a reality check once their item has been lingering for upwards of a year, or longer. There are some ads in the classifieds with 40+ renewals with no budging on their asking price. OP didn't ask for these to be removed, he is advising such users, that, it is likely their item is over-priced and the seller should be more flexible. I see no harm or foul here.

Calling grown men Karenish though...hah, try that face to face at the bar my friend, see how many grown men shrug it off.

-Matt
A grown man wouldn't be bothered by it. I don't drink anymore because too many babies can't handle their emotions when called out for their actions. I also have zero problem defending myself since ive been training for over 20 years, but let's not start the "who's the tougher guy behind the keyboard" thing.

Perhaps a new "$1 ABSOLUTE AUCTION" section here, would cure this horrible dileama!
By listing an item in the classifieds, you agree that if you list an item 3 times and it does not sell, then it goes to the new AUCTION section, where AGN members are allowed to bid on it for 7 days, starting at $1, and it absolutely gets sold to the highest bidder.

If that were a section you could opt in/out of, sure. If that were the rule for EVERY listing, I think you’d find the classifieds would be a ghost town after not too long lol. Would be interesting to watch happen to others though, haha!

I still think the economy is playing a factor in a lot of airguns not selling. I listed a basically brand new hawke frontier 34 ffp here and I'm shocked it hasn't sold ....it's nt a big deal but i see the economy being a problem going forward and it will start with the housing market.
I agree 100 percent. When Americans have a combined 1.18 TRILLION in credit card debts and many people are defaulting daily, it shows where we're heading.

I've noticed a huge downturn in my workload as well. Not many people are getting their houses remodeled and they're turning down service work that needs to be done. When they have a breaker panel that's about to catch fire and burn their house down and they say they can't afford it, we'll, I hope they're insured and the insurance company doesn't find out they denied the service because then the insurance company will fight paying for it.

I still think the economy is playing a factor in a lot of airguns not selling. I listed a basically brand new hawke frontier 34 ffp here and I'm shocked it hasn't sold ....it's nt a big deal but i see the economy being a problem going forward and it will start with the housing market.

I agree. I’ve personally watched several items sit for long periods that I truly believe would have sold fairly quickly in a better economy.

I agree. I’ve personally watched several items sit for long periods that I truly believe would have sold fairly quickly in a better economy.
personally , it is what is being sold . I look through the ad's maybe 3 times a week , but not what i am interested in . and i use the filter to limit what i see . then again it is also high price for a USED item .