• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.

Ridiculous Classified Ads... "Get a Clue!!"

As others have mentioned, there is a robust search function. There is, therefore, no reason for any poster to ever bump their threads. Just turn off all responses, even OP responses.

Bumping sales posts makes no sense with the ability to search the forum. Post it once. Edit if changes are needed. Bumping sales posts is might drive clicks, but that is about it.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
At the end of the day, it's all on what the site administrators want to do. If the current system is in place and they're happy with it and the general consensus is that it's not harming anyone of the function of the forum, they will let it be.

Or they'll change it, either way, it's their house and their rules. Maybe they'll listen to the few who have an issue with it, or maybe they'll follow the majority who simply don't care either way.

Reactions: Basher
I enjoy buying /selling watches just as a hobby and holy cow watches are not selling very fast on the forums . I see watches listed and constant price drops....watches are like airguns and in most cases are luxury items.
1000004961.jpg

I only accept "PAYPAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY"!

I chuckle and scroll past quickly, when I see a complete stranger request that they be paid via "PAYPAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY"!

In other words....

Please over look my shady :cool: scheme, and pretend we are buddies and/or related, because I am getting ready to rob paypal blind, by stealing the service that they offer, and as a big added bonus, the buyer wont have any recoarse, if and when the item is not as described!
:cool: Just send me the money! YOU can trust me :cool: I would never treat ...YOU... like that! :cool:
LOL!

There's more to it than that. I often only take F/F because the seller can end up getting scammed by the buyer when G/S is used. I've seen it happen. Won't advertise the details of how to do it here, but people can look that up on their own if they choose. It can be a real problem. People always default to thinking that only the sellers can be the scammers. Not the case at all.

I've built up a solid reputation as a buyer and seller on this forum and others, and this reputation affords me the latitude to only accept F/F. If someone is so put off by it that they want to scroll past, then so be it. They're missing out on a good deal from an honest seller.

There's more to it than that. I often only take F/F because the seller can end up getting scammed by the buyer when G/S is used. I've seen it happen. Won't advertise the details of how to do it here, but people can look that up on their own if they choose. It can be a real problem. People always default to thinking that only the sellers can be the scammers. Not the case at all.

I've built up a solid reputation as a buyer and seller on this forum and others, and this reputation affords me the latitude to only accept F/F. If someone is so put off by it that they want to scroll past, then so be it. They're missing out on a good deal from an honest seller.
Be careful on ebay as well if you sell there.

I had sold my huntsman regal on there and the guy claimed it didn't shoot at the power level I described it and asked for a refund/return. I obliged and sent him the return label as per the rules.

A week goes by and no tracking update or item received back to me. I reported the buyer. Ebay ruled IN IS FAVOR because I had my listing as returns not accepted which is a default setting. They view that as the seller doesn't care if it's returned or not and they automatically took the money out of my account and gave it back to him.

So I appealed and they still ruled in his favor. I have reached out to him and he refuses to respond via messages or phone. If I ever end up in Macomb MS, I might just stop by his house with the police and show them all the back and forth history. Just because ebay didn't give 2 flying Fs, doesn't mean what he did was legal or right. It's technically theft.

@Bramezy By this same logic, “so many laws. Let’s do away with some of them. Let people do what they want. Who cares if people drink and drive? Let them do what they want. Everyone has something to complain about. So many rules and rulers….” Blah blah blah.

In all seriousness your argument is nullified by the terms and rules that you and others here agreed upon when you joined so this forum. I don’t believe it has ever been “open and free.” Why attempt mislead people into believing false claims that appear to be a result of your personal (mis)interpretation of said rules?
I wondered if he was one of the ones the original poster was talking about. Searched classifieds for him.....yep, lots of stuff renewed incessantly.

• Haha
Reactions: Ezana4CE
I have noticed another thing happening in the classifieds. I do see things priced properly or sometimes even good for being used. Then I see them not sell and go on a relisting spree. The issue is not with anything other than the guys sniffing the classifieds don’t realize how good of a gun that gun is. There’s no hype surrounding it or who it’s manufactured by. So what happens is a guy is missing out on a gun or scope that would totally be a great purchase. Bottom line is marketing on hype guns or scopes even trickles down into the used market.

It’s been suggested that a seller be forced to reduce the price, I don’t agree with that. It’s their property. I would agree with a cap on re-listing. Then it just goes to the bottom. It’s still there if anyone is looking and can reach out to them.
@Florida_Man In my opinion a price cap is not a good idea. If a guy wants to sell me a rifle for $1 let him. If he tries to sell it to you for $10,000, let him, but I’m against letting that 🐂 💩 ad run for 6 months. Common sense dictates that it’s not likely to sell unless a complete idiot comes along with money to blow.

Bear with me because this topic still rolling has me thinking. Another thing that was self induced but I find comical is when something is actually priced right. We spent a timeframe along with a goofy mentality that occurred around the COVID timeframe. Maybe started a little before it when everyone recovered from that 2008 recession and have all their credit cards back to firing on all cylinders. People were buying stuff like crazy, enjoying the honeymoon, then trying to recoupe every last penny when they sold it. Now when something is actually priced properly for being used, it raises eyebrows. We start topics about possible scams. Realistic pricing for what someone used and no longer wants scares us into not buying it. Funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: Basher
@Florida_Man In my opinion a price cap is not a good idea. If a guy wants to sell me a rifle for $1 let him. If he tries to sell it to you for $10,000, let him, but I’m against letting that 🐂 💩 ad run for 6 months. Common sense dictates that it’s not likely to sell unless a complete idiot comes along with money to blow.
Yeah, I just meant the amount of times it can be relisted. The problem then becomes they just create a new listing. Which requires close moderation. It’s a tough issue.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
@Vetmx Or they’re older or obsolete makes and models. Then there are other factors come into play that members will have to determine for themselves and how it relates to how they buy and sell.
Well I would take that one guys beat up Mutant or another guys Ataman bullpup over any non obsolete sub $1,200 gun made right now. They are just flat out better guns. Older or not.

@Vetmx I’m no economist and I’m not that vested in why people can’t sell. I’d simply like to see the nonsense cease and members have a decent opportunity for what they’re offering to be seen on the AGN classifieds. As far as I’m concerned, economcs and market cycles are something we must grapple with as individual earners or partners in multi-income households. At least that’s how I see it. I have nothing else meaningful to contribute here.

I’m usually looking for something specific and use filters and the search function. I never really look at everything together unless I’m really bored. So the repeated postings have never been an issue for me personally.

If anything, I’d like a function to hide all FX ad’s. 😂

I never see those.

If you seek, you shall find...
Such functions to ease your mind...

Or I can write that as a haiku for you...

If you do seek such
You may find via google
The answers you seek

Perhaps a new "$1 ABSOLUTE AUCTION" section here, would cure this horrible dileama!
By listing an item in the classifieds, you agree that if you list an item 3 times and it does not sell, then it goes to the new AUCTION section, where AGN members are allowed to bid on it for 7 days, starting at $1, and it absolutely gets sold to the highest bidder.
That is called ebay.