Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
rmac2024.jpeg

Reactions: Airgun Al
Hey I don't know if it's too late to do anything about this but you booked RMAC over NRL22 Nationals. I was really hoping to shoot at RMAC this year but I worked my butt off to be #2 in NRL22 (so far), and I'm not giving up that chance.

Plus you're going to have to make the defending NRL22 airgun champ choose where he wants to shoot this year, not to mention some of your own UA shooters like Dylan.

Please oh please fix this...

Tough choice. Top Air Rifle at Nationals out of 11 total was 28th overall. (Dubber). Second place Airguns was 54th (Welch). At RMAC competing only against other Air Rifles there were 99 shooters and Dubber placed 6th, Welch placed 7th. The current World Rimfire Champion finished 3rd.(Chris Simmons)).
IMHO the competition at RMAC was significantly tougher for Airgunners than the NRL22 Nationals. That’s not even counting the $20K first place prize and the top 10 payouts.
Dubber works for FX. FX sponsors RMAC. Which event do you think he’ll shoot in?

Last edited:
I will say that nrl22 is more concerned with the rimfire shooters than air rifles. Just because it's way more popular than air rifle division. They have the division for air rifles to give you the opportunity to shoot air rifles in their matches. I can't blame them you cater to what the majority of people are competing in. Nothing against air rifles just the facts.

The prize money at RMAC is very enticing, and I do believe I can have a top 10 finish.... but man.... to let all that hard work at NRL22 go to just not even shoot nationals would be a travesty...

I'm pretty torn but I've reached the right people at NRL22 to see if anything can be done. If not, I would hope that the event planners come together next year to avoid this kinda thing because us, the shooters, lose in this scenario... and that makes me big sad :cry:

The prize money at RMAC is very enticing, and I do believe I can have a top 10 finish.... but man.... to let all that hard work at NRL22 go to just not even shoot nationals would be a travesty...

I'm pretty torn but I've reached the right people at NRL22 to see if anything can be done. If not, I would hope that the event planners come together next year to avoid this kinda thing because us, the shooters, lose in this scenario... and that makes me big sad :cry:
Yeah, good point. Top 10 at NRL-22 Nats would be incredible and no airgun shooter has even come close to that. And top 10 at RMAC would also be very good.

Don't forget the NRL-22 Nats are an NRL-22X match, with yardages out to 350 yards and stage times at 90 seconds, not 2 minutes. Nothing like a "regular" NRL-22 match.

Don't let the wording "Nationals" get to you. Shooting Airguns at a PRS type match against 99 other Airgun shooters and doing well is much more of a challenge (and more impressive) compared to competing against the 10 other Airgun shooters at the Nats. Winning at RMAC is IMHO a MUCH bigger deal than winning Airgun Division at the NRL-22 Nats.

Last edited:
Just watched the NRL22 nationals Q&A and they acknowledged the overlap but said nothing about changing it. Just as I suspected, it would seem the two events are immovable objects. Shooters will have to choose.

On a related note, I am now even bigger sad. 😭
I'd say - Airgunners are supporting you, maybe it makes sense to support the Airgunners in return. The Rimfire guys are not supporting you in any way... RMAC is an AIRGUN event, NRL-22X is a RIMFIRE event that "allows" airguns to compete...
"Shooters will have to choose" - well, OK, better said that up to 10 shooters will have to choose, out of 100 that will compete at RMAC PRS...

I'd say - Airgunners are supporting you, maybe it makes sense to support the Airgunners in return. The Rimfire guys are not supporting you in any way... RMAC is an AIRGUN event, NRL-22X is a RIMFIRE event that "allows" airguns to compete...
"Shooters will have to choose" - well, OK, better said that up to 10 shooters will have to choose, out of 100 that will compete at RMAC PRS...
I don't disagree with what you said there, but I'd agree way more if I wasn't sitting in 1st place in NRL22. Will be a hard decision for me, given my unique situation and how incredibly hard I've worked at this. Obviously I was planning on shooting both...

Until I finally make that decision I'll be wishing on every star that one of these events gets moved....

Reactions: Centercut
I don't disagree with what you said there, but I'd agree way more if I wasn't sitting in 1st place in NRL22. Will be a hard decision for me, given my unique situation and how incredibly hard I've worked at this. Obviously I was planning on shooting both...

Until I finally make that decision I'll be wishing on every star that one of these events gets moved....
Makes sense. Good luck in whichever you choose.
You meant first place in Airgun Division of NRL-22 correct?

I'm currently #2 and we're sitting 162 and 180 overall respectively, and climbing every month. So we'd have a good shot at in invite even in open division.
Yes, that’s good. My point was competing against 100 other airgunners and doing well is a bigger deal IMHO than against 10. Especially since the best will probably be at RMAC.
#1 and #2 at NRL-22X Nationals Airgun Division last year finished 6th and 7th at RMAC.
But like Warren said, if you only have to drive a couple hours for two days of PRS competition that’s a huge factor.
PS., I’ve heard you shoot the .22 Altaros 40 grain? From what setup and at what speed?

Reactions: Solo1
Yes, that’s good. My point was competing against 100 other airgunners and doing well is a bigger deal IMHO than against 10. Especially since the best will probably be at RMAC.
#1 and #2 at NRL-22X Nationals Airgun Division last year finished 6th and 7th at RMAC.
But like Warren said, if you only have to drive a couple hours for two days of PRS competition that’s a huge factor.
PS., I’ve heard you shoot the .22 Altaros 40 grain? From what setup and at what speed?

I really wanted to shoot RMAC this year (bench too). But a full year of league competition for an invite is a lot of work to pass up. I know we'll do well in airgun division, but @AirShootist and I both want to show up the rimfire guys. The equipment is capable, so it's up to us.

Yep. Same gun and setup from that other thread where I posted the bench rest card from Trenier.

Panthera .22 600mm heavy liner, ATP King's at ~912. Reg at about 160 (@72 F, it actually rises to around 165 in the cold), 8mm hammer.

Chassis is kitted out - K&L rail, area 419 universal weighted arcalock underneath (for weight and clearance issues), GrayOps weights and mini plate pro, ST bag rider, Tract TORIC 4-25x50 34mm MRAD.

I'm trying a few small changes this weekend - removed 2 of the small weights (balance is the same), and an APW Raptor brake instead of the STO Pugio.

I'll post a pic in a bit.

I really wanted to shoot RMAC this year (bench too). But a full year of league competition for an invite is a lot of work to pass up. I know we'll do well in airgun division, but @AirShootist and I both want to show up the rimfire guys. The equipment is capable, so it's up to us.

Yep. Same gun and setup from that other thread where I posted the bench rest card from Trenier.

Panthera .22 600mm heavy liner, ATP King's at ~912. Reg at about 160 (@72 F, it actually rises to around 165 in the cold), 8mm hammer.

Chassis is kitted out - K&L rail, area 419 universal weighted arcalock underneath (for weight and clearance issues), GrayOps weights and mini plate pro, ST bag rider, Tract TORIC 4-25x50 34mm MRAD.

I'm trying a few small changes this weekend - removed 2 of the small weights (balance is the same), and an APW Raptor brake instead of the STO Pugio.

I'll post a pic in a bit.
Nice! I like the Pugio and use it on my .25 Panthera 600mm. And the .25 Altaros 49.5 grain slugs at 888 fps. Thats a butt load of weights you have on there... ;)
At that power level, how many shots do you get from a 250-bar fill with the 300cc bottle? I get around 20 to 22 depending on the weather with .25 Pathera 600mm and 87 fpe.

Last edited: