RTI RTI Mora Received - Bad Regulator?

The problem is sorted, yes. Just had to pop out the plastic bit by inserting 4mm allen wrench from the bottom and give it a good thwack with the hammer.

The accuracy is pretty great it only likes the H&N slugs. I've tried the FX Hybrids, Javelin, JSB Knockout, NSA, and Zan slugs from 850 to 1000 fps giving a good three groups at each speed at 50m. About an inch group each, but the H&N slugs were the only one to give a one hole group. It has potential to do a one hole group at 100 meters but I'm still waiting for a cheek rest. I'll get a one hole about every 5-10 group attempts.

I will say one observation though, at 120bar and below (haven't needed to go above this at any point trying <40gr slugs) the hammer spring does absolutely nothing no matter which way I turn it. I have to use the... thing... that closes the valve quicker... to really get the speed spread tightened. I'm thinking it might be that the hammer is geared more towards the .30 and .357 calibers at the higher pressures so it's just overpowering at the lower pressures. I've turned the hammer spring anti-clockwise until the thing pops off the spring and I have to push on it and turn it to get it threaded back on and the speed won't change. Clockwise I can hear it hitting the valve harder (and it hurts my ears) and it requires more effort (still barely any though) to cock, speed won't change or will go down slightly. It's very strange. Again though, I don't have the manual so I can't tell which way to go for changing the hammer.

Pellets though, FX atomics around 920 fps are great, JSB Mkii, 33.something grains are great as well. Haven't bothered with the pellets too much since I found it really likes the H&N's so much.
The MORA still uses an assisted valve. The hammer spring adjust doesn't have the effect it does as with a standard valve. They still don't have a manual on the website stating how exactly the MORAs adjusts but is most likely similar to the P3. Enough tension to open the valve then can be adjusted one way or another to effect dwell time as part of a tune with a projectile.
It does mention that dwell time can be adjusted on the site as part of the product description showing the knob.

My Two with a assisted valve, when regulator " failed " and regulated pressure was 300 BAR.
Well me chambering a 16 grain slug and pressing the trigger gave me a " funny " sound, and a slug leaving so slow it would not register on the chrono

The gun was set up with a 100 BAR pressure to shoot the 16 grain slugs, and it also did just fine after i bled the excess pressure on the bleed screw, CUZ just blank firing it, well dident really do any good with the small puff of air it released every time.

Also on my Two in the last outing i encountered a valve " failure " in the sense that after a shot, the valve would not close and it just bleed air thru the barrel, cocking it and shooting a blank shot fixed that and for the next several 100 shots.
But a o_O moment for sure.

The reason could be i was at the super low pressure of 53 Bar to be able to not shoot 10.xx gr pellets wayyyyyy too hot.
Or maybe a piece of crud in the little hole in the valve stem that is the assisted valve so to say.

The MORA still uses an assisted valve. The hammer spring adjust doesn't have the effect it does as with a standard valve. They still don't have a manual on the website stating how exactly the MORAs adjusts but is most likely similar to the P3. Enough tension to open the valve then can be adjusted one way or another to effect dwell time as part of a tune with a projectile.
It does mention that dwell time can be adjusted on the site as part of the product description showing the knob.
I'll have to look up videos or info about their assisted valve then. I'm holding off on emailing RTI about it since I don't want to waste more of Rok's time fiddling about with something that can be explained with a manual.

If you find any good tuning vids put em up here. I haven't looked in a while so by now you'd think some would be showing up. I've fiddled with my P3 over a chronograph. You'll see some change in velocity one way or another when adjusting but the thing to watch is if the adjustments are helping the groups of a given projectile with the minor velocity changes. Mine doesn't like the FX slugs either, easily the worst grouping of any I tried before I started swaging my own.

Mora as the P3 has an assisted opening valve. The valve open slightly via spring tension and is air assisted to open fully. Spring tension adjustment does nothing as you found out. Assisted valve are not the same as traditional valve in the FX or Brocock and most others.

P3 does not have the valve dwell adjustment that you used to tighten the sd. That's why P3 is limited in power. Mora addresses that limitation.

Mora an P3 power adjustments are by regulated pressure. Say 80bar for 18gn to 950fps, 120bar for 25gn to 900fps. No tension adjustment needed.

P3 30 cal are limited because the assisted valve closes faster as pressure in the barrel are higher to accelerate the heavier slug.

Mora addresses this problem by adjusting the closing pressure or dwell.

Last edited:
Mora as the P3 has an assisted opening valve. The valve open slightly via spring tension and is air assisted to open fully. Spring tension adjustment does nothing as you found out. Assisted valve are not the same as traditional valve in the FX or Brocock and most others.

P3 does not have the valve dwell adjustment that you used to tighten the sd. That's why P3 is limited in power. Mora addresses that limitation.

Mora an P3 power adjustments are by regulated pressure. Say 80bar for 18gn to 950fps, 120bar for 25gn to 900fps. No tension adjustment needed.

P3 30 cal are limited because the assisted valve closes faster as pressure in the barrel are higher to accelerate the heavier slug.

Mora addresses this problem by adjusting the closing pressure or dwell.
Oh ok, I just need to worry about getting the valve slightly open then. That's good to know because I was concerned that I was having the valve close before the projectile left the barrel to control the speed. So I just need the hammer to be strong enough for the initial open then close the valve adjustment until speed drops off, then slightly open it again.