RTI MORA...Your Worse Nightmare

Barely. Maybe in the mid 800fps (850fps?). So that extra BC would not be much benefit. The platform looks good, but I would go with the .22 and shoot 40gr at a higher velocity. I don’t like the 1:20 twist rate in the .25cal.
Here's the thing - the Altaros slugs all do well in the 880-900 fps range. No need for crazy speed. The 1:20 barrel does very well with the 66gr Altaros King. Don't know if you can get a heavier .25 slug, but the .257s don't count here. The .223 and .257 Altaros slugs are for the new HPS AAA rifles.

Here's the thing - the Altaros slugs all do well in the 880-900 fps range. No need for crazy speed. The 1:20 barrel does very well with the 66gr Altaros King. …
Still marginal twist for .25cal in my experience. I’d go with the 49.5gr and even with that, I’d prefer 1:16, or at least 1:18.

Reactions: Centercut
FOR $ 2,200 to 2500 35. cal making 300 fpe that $ 8.33 per fpe. not worth it for my needs. I have a 357 that's stock with more fpe. $ 1.79 per fpe. To each their own, i guess.
If that is true not bad. I thought on their site it said 300 joules which is way under 300 fpe. Like 220 some. For me just not quite enough in 357. If it’s 300 good to go as it’s enough for deer. 220’s will do it but not for 2400 bucks.

Measuring cost per fpe is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of. :ROFLMAO:

In regards to loudness I wanted to revisit the conversation. I found the following inserts in the case along with the rifle. Wasn't sure where they would go initially or how to install them but I figured they go in the space shown below at the front of the additional moderator. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet with the .25 insert installed but will update tomorrow when I can.
RTI Mora Mod Inserts - 1.jpeg

RTI Mora Mod Inserts - 2.jpeg

RTI Mora Mod Inserts - 3.jpeg

RTI Mora Mod Inserts - 4.jpeg

FOR $ 2,200 to 2500 35. cal making 300 fpe that $ 8.33 per fpe. not worth it for my needs. I have a 357 that's stock with more fpe. $ 1.79 per fpe. To each their own, i guess.
If its a good value or not depends not only on FPE, but on the accuracy desired as well. If you can't hit your target, FPE doesn't matter! Does your lower cost .357 match the accuracy of the Mora?

Reactions: Dairyboy
I guess we will see how the Mora works out maybe there supply chain is a lot better, It just sucks hearing well we didn't include the RPB barrel that you paid for because our supply chain ran out, Here is a regular LW barrel , Sorry no refund... Maybe if you buy another gun we will ship with the barrel you paid for.
Mike

I just got my Mora in 357. I just gave it a quick cleaning and mounted a scope on it. Without touching the settings it came shooting 135gr slugs at 860fps. I think my sd was under 2 for a 18 shot string. This was on one fill with the 700cc bottle. It is very accurate and extremely quiet for the power it is putting out. It seems to be a awesome rifle so far.

Would you say it is backyard friendly? My definition would be if someone was 100' away and heard the muzzle blast would they identify the noise with as a gun, or just some unknown sound. This assumes that the slug was shot far away not making any impact noise. Of course slugs with that much power is going to make a lot of noise unless it is shot into something very soft or very far from the shooing position. Maybe duct seal.

After the 18 shots did the 700cc bottle still have more shots left on regulated pressure?

Last edited:
I would say at 100 feet someone who isn't familiar with airguns they wouldn't not know it was a rifle being shot. They would hear it for sure but not know what it is. It sounds close to a .22 pcp with a low end moderator on it. As for the shot count I know there were some more shots in the gun, how many Im not sure. I will do a shot count here in the next day or so and post it here.

I just did a shot string. The gun has 700cc bottle, reg is set at 172 bar (set at factory), filled gun to 300 bar. I got 27 full power shots at 210 fpe using 125 gr slugs. At shot 28 it dropped off the reg. So that is 1 shot shy of 3 mags on full power. I might up the reg a little bit and get some more power out of it. 2 full mags is a good number for shooting. If I want to take this gun hunting I might just put on a 500cc tank just to save weight and still get enough shots.

I'm sure Altaros is willing to make something that would work in the Mora as long as it sells, and promotes the product. Besides it's not like he has to make a new die. It is just whether he has time to make a design change and the man power to make them.

Allen
Yes we are able to produce this, just by virtue of the fact, that the our first long range record was shot 5 years ago at 1400 yards with 20.2mm long slugs ( about 0.8 inches long). Today we are able to mass produce even 22mm long slugs and even in .257 or .25 for example where we are talking about weights around 110gr and BC over 0.35 G1 at realistic energies from airgun about 250J at 700mm barrel.
The problem is that we have a very busy slug production and it makes no sense to produce specials for which there are not many rifles on the market yet that can use them.

Yes we are able to produce this, just by virtue of the fact, that the our first long range record was shot 5 years ago at 1400 yards with 20.2mm long slugs ( about 0.8 inches long). Today we are able to mass produce even 22mm long slugs and even in .257 or .25 for example where we are talking about weights around 110gr and BC over 0.35 G1 at realistic energies from airgun about 250J at 700mm barrel.

You guys keep pushing the performance envelope, and I applaud you for it!! 👏🏼

Well done! 😎

Matthias

Reactions: Altaros