RTI Rti p3

Hello everyone

as the law for the use of airguns in pest control is changing where I live I can no longer use my leshiy classic for legal quarry over 2kg…

I was looking at a p3 performance ( only version available) for this. How are people feeling about the .25 and .30 versions for use with both slugs and heavy pellets ?
I need something relatively robust as sometimes I’ll be “stalking” through grass and fields, relatively easy to work on (leshiy classic was ridiculously easy).

any tips or advice are very welcome!

kind regards

A.

Reactions: Scotay42
I've all but wiped out the annual crop of ground hogs around my grain bins and barns with a P3 and slugs this year. Shooting 160bar and .25 cal. 36gr slugs made on a Corbin swage press. Made shots out to 124 yards easily when using a range finder.
I do think the .30 would be better suited for the longer ranges but don't think they offer a dedicated slug barrel in the caliber.

Reactions: Rizz01
I have a P3 with a .177, .22 RPB and .30 barrels. It's one of the easiest guns I have to tune and changing the barrels is easy enough to do for a clumsy oaf like myself! I would get the .25 RPB but I have too many .25 guns now, so I withstood the urge! The gun is very accurate and also very quiet. In .177 it's my main night ratting gun. I would not have a problem hunting hogs or coyotes with the .30.

IMG_4546.JPG

I have a P3 with a .177, .22 RPB and .30 barrels. It's one of the easiest guns I have to tune and changing the barrels is easy enough to do for a clumsy oaf like myself! I would get the .25 RPB but I have too many .25 guns now, so I withstood the urge! The gun is very accurate and also very quiet. In .177 it's my main night ratting gun. I would not have a problem hunting hogs or coyotes with the .30.

View attachment 490465
What are you shooting out of the .30?

Also agree on how easy it is to tune and the first time I had to take the barrel out I was impressed with how simple and easy it was.

Reactions: jmohme
thanks for the feedback! How does it compare to an fx-maverick? The vp is about 200 bucks cheaper and a lot more available out here than the rti-models.. (at least 3 hour drive single) vs 30 min. Drive.
I have an FX Wildcat MkIII BT Sniper which is a Maverick in a bullpup stock. For my use the RTI is hands down the better option and the FX has been retired to target practice and plinking for the wife to shoot.
This winter I may take the time to mod the FX and see if I can remedy the one issue that plagues it the most, the dual reg system. Considering ditching the first reg and making it a single reg gun. If that takes care of the slow first shots I may then look into other upgrades/mods. However, given what these cost I shouldn't be having to deal with the first issue and if I sink many more mods or upgrades into it I'll have close to 3k total in the thing trying to make it do what the RTI does out of the box.

@IndyDurtdigger - I have tunes for JSB 44.75g and 50.15g pellets. It's not really a slug barrel so I haven't shot slugs with it. Don't remember the FPS off hand but I just adjust it with the hammer wheel for one or the other and the reg is set at about 150 bar. That's a lot higher than the smaller calibers I use, but seems to work well for me. A lot of pests would also agree! LOL.

Reactions: IndyDurtdigger
I am curious about the RPB barrels. Anyone have experience with them in .22? I would like to eventually sell my Priest 2 and purchase a P3. Mainly because I want to shoot pellets and slugs. The chocked CZ barrel is stupid accurate with pellets, but not that great with slugs. Are the RPB barrels good with both, or just a compromise and "decent" for both?

I am curious about the RPB barrels. Anyone have experience with them in .22? I would like to eventually sell my Priest 2 and purchase a P3. Mainly because I want to shoot pellets and slugs. The chocked CZ barrel is stupid accurate with pellets, but not that great with slugs. Are the RPB barrels good with both, or just a compromise and "decent" for both?
Why not just get a .22 RPB barrel to try out in your Priest. I think it is a direct fit. If it works out for you and you still want a P3, get it in .177, .25. or .30 and have the 22 as a second caliber for it.

I bought a .25 RPB for my Prophet Performance P1 and it has worked out great for me with both pellets and slugs.

Why not just get a .22 RPB barrel to try out in your Priest. I think it is a direct fit. If it works out for you and you still want a P3, get it in .177, .25. or .30 and have the 22 as a second caliber for it.

I bought a .25 RPB for my Prophet Performance P1 and it has worked out great for me with both pellets and slugs.
I have thought about that, however my gun is the base model. Non adjustable reg, no hammer spring adjuster and the super heavy aluminum tank. So part of my reasoning for the P3 would be the complete package updates also.

Reactions: jmohme

View attachment 490465
Thank you, it might be worth the drive and the extra bucks then… would you mind describing the tuning process for me? Afaik (only did a basic tune on my leshiy classic), I set the regulator to get a certain speed with the hammer spring adjuster way down. ( rti p3 with the new valve might require lower pressures than the regular ones?) then use the hammer spring adjuster to adjust the spread? My leshiy classic never saw slugs because of the choked lothar walther barrel so this would be my first foray into those… Am looking forward to stretch the distances out though. We are only allowed egyptian geese and raccoon out here for now ( labeled dangerous invasive species).

Thank you, it might be worth the drive and the extra bucks then… would you mind describing the tuning process for me? Afaik (only did a basic tune on my leshiy classic), I set the regulator to get a certain speed with the hammer spring adjuster way down. ( rti p3 with the new valve might require lower pressures than the regular ones?) then use the hammer spring adjuster to adjust the spread? My leshiy classic never saw slugs because of the choked lothar walther barrel so this would be my first foray into those… Am looking forward to stretch the distances out though. We are only allowed egyptian geese and raccoon out here for now ( labeled dangerous invasive species).
Rti P3 performance needs only regulated pressure for speed adjustment. The assisted valve uses air pressure to open and close the valve. Hammer spring tension does nothing but cause valve bounce. Adjust the hammer spring to open the valve only.