• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events S.O.F.T AAFTA 2024 Grand Prix

Hello all,

This year I have decided to host it as a 100-shot match 1 shot per target.

With a Troyer of 36 and added factors it will fall around 40-41T.

Airgun Oregon has been gracious enough again to let me host at the Disneyland of Field Target. If you have not attended a match there you are missing out!

S.O.F.T 2024 AAFTA Grand Prix​

Air Rifle & Pistol Field Target Championships​

4268 Hwy 99 South, Ashland, Oregon​

Pistol Friday Sep 20th Rifle Sep 21st & Sunday 22nd

All AAFTA Rifle & Pistol rules and classes apply. See at www.aafta.org The “Western Free Style” class will also be allowed. In any matters arising and not covered by these rules, the Match Director’s decision will be final. Match Fees $85

Working on sponsors and prizes updates to come!

Emigrant Lake campground is close by and has tent and full hookup site available, with flush toilets and hot shower available onsite. Match site link, you can expand to see Emigrant Lake & the campground site.

Practice begins on the sight in line for registered competitors, on Friday between 7am and 7pm. Equipment inspection and FPE testing will be done before you get to sight in and during the matches at testing lanes.

NO lasers or separate range finding devices are allowed, (except for the “Western Free Style” class/squads), and anyone seen with a range finder on the course at any time before or during any of the pistol or rifle matches will be disqualified.

PISTOL FIELD TARGET MATCH – Sep 20th
(IF AT LEAST 6 PRE-REGISTER)

Safety Meeting will be at 2:45pm on Friday afternoon. Match starts at 3:00Pm. This will be a 60-shot course, 10 lanes, 3 targets per lane, with two shots per target. Targets will be set from 10 to 35 yards and kill zones will be from ½” to 2”. Timers will be given with the score cards. Competitors are allowed 5 minutes to make 4 shots. One lane will be standing only. Note that this course is also open to “Basic Break Barrel rifles”, (if 3 shooters preregister), with 12 X or less scopes.

RIFLE FIELD TARGET MATCH- DAY ONE – Sep 21st

Competitors can start sight in practice for the Rifle Field Target match at 7am. Safety Meeting begins at 9:45am. The match starts at 9:00am. This will be a 50-shot course, with 25 lanes, 2 targets per lane, with ONE shot per target. Timers will be given with the score cards. Competitors will be allowed 3 minutes; to set up, make their 2 shots. Time starts when you enter the shooters box. TWO lanes will be standing, and one will be kneeling.

SATURDAY FREE LUNCH STARTS after you finish the course

Bring your favorite low power offhand rig for the afternoon and evening side shoots.

RIFLE FIELD TARGET MATCH- DAY TWO – Sep 22nd

We will move the min. targets necessary to meet AAFTA GP rules for day two. Safety Meeting begins at 9:45am. The match starts at 8:30am. This will be a 50-shot course, with 25 lanes, 2 targets per lane, with ONE shot per target. Timers will be given with the score cards. Competitors will be allowed 3 minutes; to set up, make their 2 shots. Time starts when you enter the shooters box. TWO lanes will be standing, and one will be kneeling.

SUNDAY FREE LUNCH STARTS as you finish the course. AWARD PRESENTATIONS will follow. Hopefully awards will be done by 1:30 or so for those who might need a quick exit for travel.

Jacob Sumner

Match Director,

2024 S.O.F.T AAFTA Grand Prix Field Target Championships

[email protected]

Registration Form

Last edited:
Reactions: BC
Hello all,

This year I have decided to host it as a 100-shot match 1 shot per target.

With a Troyer of 36 and added factors it will fall around 40-41T.

Airgun Oregon has been gracious enough again to let me host at the Disneyland of Field Target. If you have not attended a match there you are missing out!

S.O.F.T 2024 AAFTA Grand Prix​

Air Rifle & Pistol Field Target Championships​

4268 Hwy 99 South, Ashland, Oregon​

Pistol Friday Sep 20th Rifle Sep 21st & Sunday 22nd

All AAFTA Rifle & Pistol rules and classes apply. See at www.aafta.org The “Western Free Style” class will also be allowed. In any matters arising and not covered by these rules, the Match Director’s decision will be final. Match Fees $85

Working on sponsors and prizes updates to come!

Emigrant Lake campground is close by and has tent and full hookup site available, with flush toilets and hot shower available onsite. Match site link, you can expand to see Emigrant Lake & the campground site.

Practice begins on the sight in line for registered competitors, on Friday between 7am and 7pm. Equipment inspection and FPE testing will be done before you get to sight in and during the matches at testing lanes.

NO lasers or separate range finding devices are allowed, (except for the “Western Free Style” class/squads), and anyone seen with a range finder on the course at any time before or during any of the pistol or rifle matches will be disqualified.

PISTOL FIELD TARGET MATCH – Sep 20th
(IF AT LEAST 6 PRE-REGISTER)

Safety Meeting will be at 2:45pm on Friday afternoon. Match starts at 3:00Pm. This will be a 40-shot course, 10 lanes, 2 targets per lane, with two shots per target. Targets will be set from 10 to 35 yards and kill zones will be from ½” to 2”. Timers will be given with the score cards. Competitors are allowed 5 minutes to make 4 shots. One lane will be standing only. Note that this course is also open to “Basic Break Barrel rifles”, (if 3 shooters preregister), with 12 X or less scopes.

RIFLE FIELD TARGET MATCH- DAY ONE – Sep 21st

Competitors can start sight in practice for the Rifle Field Target match at 7am. Safety Meeting begins at 9:45am. The match starts at 9:00am. This will be a 50-shot course, with 25 lanes, 2 targets per lane, with ONE shot per target. Timers will be given with the score cards. Competitors will be allowed 3 minutes; to set up, make their 2 shots. Time starts when you enter the shooters box. TWO lanes will be standing, and one will be kneeling.

SATURDAY FREE LUNCH STARTS after you finish the course

Bring your favorite low power offhand rig for the afternoon and evening side shoots.

RIFLE FIELD TARGET MATCH- DAY TWO – Sep 22nd

We will move the min. targets necessary to meet AAFTA GP rules for day two. Safety Meeting begins at 9:45am. The match starts at 8:30am. This will be a 50-shot course, with 25 lanes, 2 targets per lane, with ONE shot per target. Timers will be given with the score cards. Competitors will be allowed 3 minutes; to set up, make their 2 shots. Time starts when you enter the shooters box. TWO lanes will be standing, and one will be kneeling.

SUNDAY FREE LUNCH STARTS as you finish the course. AWARD PRESENTATIONS will follow. Hopefully awards will be done by 1:30 or so for those who might need a quick exit for travel.

Jacob Sumner

Match Director,

2024 S.O.F.T AAFTA Grand Prix Field Target Championships

[email protected]

Registration Form
Hey Jacob
Don't know if there's a problem with your form or it's just me.

I tried to register and fill out the form and towards the end of the form...I tried to hit "continue" ...it's not doing anything.

MORE SHOTS !!!!!

60 per day would be far more appealing due to the 650+ mile round trip !!
I'm trying to convince Jacob to let the Hunter class shoot two shots per target on 13 lanes day one and 12 lanes on day two, while the WFTF classes and Open if they want, (they could shoot two shots with Hunter class), will shoot one shot per target on the 25 lane course both days.

So, if you want to lobby Jacob you could shoot 60 shots both days in Hunter class by shooting lanes 1-15 day one and 11-25 day two, while WFTF class shoots one shot on 25 lanes both days....

This might complicate the GP scoring, but it can be done with their current formula. They will just have to calculate the Hunter class separately.

I'm trying to convince Jacob to let the Hunter class shoot two shots per target on 13 lanes day one and 12 lanes on day two, while the WFTF classes and Open if they want, (they could shoot two shots with Hunter class), will shoot one shot per target on the 25 lane course both days.

So, if you want to lobby Jacob you could shoot 60 shots both days in Hunter class by shooting lanes 1-15 day one and 11-25 day two, while WFTF class shoots one shot on 25 lanes both days....

This might complicate the GP scoring, but it can be done with their current formula. They will just have to calculate the Hunter class separately.
I'll be there doing hunter. I'd like to shoot 60 per day like we did at your place. I bought a gun for pistol, but I'm not sure I'll be ready for that in time.

I have changed the pistol to 60 shots.
The rifle will still be 100 shots one shot per.

Intended to host last year this way. This is supposed to be a worlds practice match,
and follows with my idea of how hunting and field style target shooting should be.
Have never been a fan of two shots per target in field style competition.

Any good shooter should make a follow up shot if they get a read on a first errant shot.
The greats will hit it first try and harvest the kill or point. ;)

We can have fun little side shoots the whole afternoon if you guys are itching to pull the trigger more?

I have changed the pistol to 60 shots.
The rifle will still be 100 shots one shot per.

Intended to host last year this way. This is supposed to be a worlds practice match,
and follows with my idea of how hunting and field style target shooting should be.
Have never been a fan of two shots per target in field style competition.

Any good shooter should make a follow up shot if they get a read on a first errant shot.
The greats will hit it first try and harvest the kill or point. ;)

We can have fun little side shoots the whole afternoon if you guys are itching to pull the trigger more?

Side shoots?

This brings back memories. Tacoma Rifle and Revolver club used to have a side shoot. The Quigley bucket side shoot.

it was $1 a shot at a Quigley size (scaled down...I think it was 1.75 inches) bucket at 55 yards. Off hand only, winner takes all the money.

The bucket target was just a modified FT target with no face plate.

Can't remember if they allowed scopes or open sights.

We can easily set up a side shoot Quigley game and maybe an offhand pistol game too. AirGun Oregon will put up $100 gift certificate for the winners.
We'll also provide $100 gift certificates for first in Open, WFTF PCP, Hunter PCP and Combined Piston classes. Start shopping now at https://airgunoregon.shop/

Come have some safe fun, FREE Camping onsite for first 8 competitors, send me an email at [email protected] to reserve your spot.

Reactions: Conical_diabolo
We can easily set up a side shoot Quigley game and maybe an offhand pistol game too. AirGun Oregon will put up $100 gift certificate for the winners.
We'll also provide $100 gift certificates for first in Open, WFTF PCP, Hunter PCP and Combined Piston classes. Start shopping now at https://airgunoregon.shop/

Come have some safe fun, FREE Camping onsite for first 8 competitors, send me an email at [email protected] to reserve your spot.
The only Quigley I know starred Tom Selleck. I'll look it up. Should be fun, whatever it is.

Here's a Quigley bucket shoot at a field target shoot?. ...Hope they allow scopes in Oregon...cos open sight with a Crosman challenger is gonna to be hard.

I was thinking we should use our field target rigs offhand at 55 yards. Maybe 10 shots for $10 or 20 shots for $20. Most hits wins 50% of the match fees, plus a $100 gift certificate, second 25% of match fees. 25% of match fee goes to the range fund. What do you think? We do have a peep sight Challenger we could all take turns with if everyone prefers. If we use that, then maybe the targets are set closer like 30 yards.

We would like to thank our sponsors!

Athlon has provided the overall high score prize in the form of a Heras 6-24 scope. As well as %35 percent off vouchers for 2nd in each rifle class.

Airgun Oregon has provided $100 vouchers to airgunoregon.shop for first place in Hunter, WFTF, Open and piston combined! Start your shopping now.

Jsb international has donated a tin of pellets for 3rd place in each class and monies to help cover match expenses!

Without companies like these this match would not be possible so make sure to support them!

Reactions: Pea-shooter O.G.
We have only had a few "smokey" days in the last month.

But, a fire started last Wed. on the freeway at the upper edge of our property. We saw the smoke and Randy and my Brother in law took off in the S10 little fire truck we put together and stopped it at our site in range and pistol course. But it it burned about 7 acres of our neighbors property by the time the fire dept and 3 helicopters got it out. Crews are still "mopping up" this morning.

We now have a nice fire break on the south side of the property and know the fire dept knows our property and our water sources for really quick defense of our property. I feel a lot better now. The real fire drill worked great:)

The weather today is switching to a low pressure and cooler days in the high 70s for the next week. Even rain next Wed.

Hopefully that will continue on into an early fall.

See you soon..

Wayne

We had a House / property fire caddy corner to us last night, was out back with friends enjoying some wine and hear screaming of help me !!
Jump in truck with a buddy, he gets hose on fire with myself on a 911 call .... House is standing but pretty much destroyed, property/ acreage burnt.
Too damn close !!!! :cry: