N/A S&W Model 41 Grips

Bit of a long shot here, but has anyone ever tried to fit Model 41 grips to a 78/79G?
It doesn't look possible to me, but I am only going off photographs.
The reason for asking is that there is a set for sale on ebay (I am in the UK) and I don't want to miss out if it might be possible, but neither do I want to buy something that I can't use.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

the grips on the S&W 78-79g are complicated we over here had a maker of wood grips but he has taken time off to get a real job and all his grip make=ing has stopped
there are no plastic grips we over here have our eyes out for them and the UK would double that problem
here are some pictures of a couple sets that i have and you can see they are not an easy grip to make and he used a CNC machine on top of that
the reality is the S&W 78-79g and the S&W 41 .22LR are 2 very different grip frames
SAM_0379.JPG
SAM_0380.JPG
SAM_0381.JPG
SAM_0382.JPG
SAM_0699.JPG
SAM_0700.JPG
SAM_0701.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Modski66
10-15 years ago the parts for the pistols were hard to find and grips impossible and now the grips have just gotten more brittle, and parts harder to find and you never see them and to a point what good are they because time will make them fall apart
the pistols were 75.00 to 100.00 USD now they are all over the place price wise and more in the 150.00 to 300.00 USD
the wood grips were in the 60 to 75 Buck range but they could be made by 3D printing
here is a good post
https://worap.wordpress.com/2016/11/07/classic-replica-air-pistol-review-smith-wesson-78g-and-79g/
i will see you on the AGF
mike

Reactions: Modski66