• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Sapphire.25

I absolutely 💯 % enjoy my Wolverine .177 Sapphire Edition!!!

The Wolverine with the adjustable cheek comb fits me like a glove.
Thus I decided to make the Wolverine Sapphire Edition my primary HFT rig and topped it off with a Sightron S-Tac 4-20x50.

And

I also Decided to use the same platform in .25 for my EFT rig. Yep, that hurt the wallet. $$$

Well - Imagine my surprise when the brand spanky new .25 Sapphire was shooting all over the place. WTH?

Long story short 🫥

After checking all fitment and adjustment points it turned out the problem was clipping at the moderator😳

Why? hell if i knew so....

I Returned it to AOA who immediately investigated and discovered that the factory had installed a .22 baffle in the .25 moderator.

Easy fix but shame on DayState’s QA.

I will be very happy to get the .25 Sapphire back this week so I can get it re-scoped and put it through the paces 20-100 yards.
Time to get ready for some serious fun at EFT matches.

Sharing this so anyone who is having POI issues can try removing the moderator and see if the problem goes away.

If one QA problem “got out” it’s likely others did as well.

IMG_6827.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful rifle ! 👍👍... congratulations 🎉

We bought a walnut Wolverine for my wife because she shot one in a Daystate Owners gathering by AoA a few years back. She was IMPRESSED by it and has done very well in AAFTA ft matches, shooting Open class. I reaaly like the look, shot cycle, and ergos, also...
Bob
Wanted to update this thread regarding the .25 wolverine sapphire. AOA never could fix this particular gun and I was unwilling to accept a fix that required they increase the size opening of the moderator. After two separate returns to AOA - i got a full refund. Problem was a lousy shipping container that allowed the gun to ride on its nose and thus tweaked the shroud assembly / no parts equals no fix And altering a premium gun from original OEM specs is stupid. My .177 sapphire continues to be a stellar shooter.

• Wow
Reactions: Nealgl1985