There are some sprays you can use that will help, just search "anti fog" on amazon. However, it's never great to be spraying things on your optics, IMO. Best thing you can do is let the scope acclimate to the outside temperature for 15-30 mins prior to shooting. This will give the condensation time to re-evaporate.

My brother bought this for me at the Oregon Sportsman's Show last year, He loves it as we both hunt in the fall and winter in cold rain and snowy conditions it also works on glasses which is a must have.
0914241822.jpg

0914241823a.jpg

Last edited:
um .this should not be.I hope it is a cheap scope .it is more or less broken.I never had a scope fog up and I have a lot of them ;all optics I know of are filled with nitrogen to keep them from fogging up =sprung a leak I think.Good luck maybe I am wrong
oh your talking about the outside of the lens???
My apologies, yes I am talking about the outside of the scope. Itbis an Arken I just purchased! All of my scope do it tho!

Reactions: Stubbers
My apologies, yes I am talking about the outside of the scope. Itbis an Arken I just purchased! All of my scope do it tho!

Unfortunately, it's just something you have to deal with when living in a hot/humid area. Camera and telescope lenses equally suffer.

There's also the hidden option of just permanently turning off the AC in your house so the temp always matches the outside. But I've never known anyone to choose this option :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately, it's just something you have to deal with when living in a hot/humid area. Camera and telescope lenses equally suffer.

There's also the hidden option of just permanently turning off the AC in your house so the temp always matches the outside. But I've never known anyone to choose this option :ROFLMAO:
Maaannnnnnm..... I am going to pass on this option as well!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: boscoebrea
There are some sprays you can use that will help, just search "anti fog" on amazon. However, it's never great to be spraying things on your optics, IMO. Best thing you can do is let the scope acclimate to the outside temperature for 15-30 mins prior to shooting. This will give the condensation time to re-evaporate.
Great advice (not the spray part). I try to do this in all seasons before shooting, especially before going hunting. Breathing in cool weather can cause fogging of the ocular lens as well. Wearing a gaiter over your mouth can help disípate your warm breath enough to prevent a lot of fogging of the ocular lens. When an animal shows up I will wipe the condensation off with my shirt if I have to.

Last edited:
um .this should not be.I hope it is a cheap scope .it is more or less broken.I never had a scope fog up and I have a lot of them ;all optics I know of are filled with nitrogen to keep them from fogging up =sprung a leak I think.Good luck maybe I am wrong
oh your talking about the outside of the lens???
I am talking about the outside of the lense...

@Spartan that is what I am going to do!! I guess I got caught up for a second in this new age want everything right now mentally, SMH!!!! Thanks for bringing me back!!! Lol 😂

Last edited:
When an animal shows up I will wipe the condensation off with my shirt if I have to.
The very few times in my life that happened, I either could see well enough anyway to take the shot, or I passed the shot. Only thing that touches a lens of my scope is lint free and soft lens wipes made for camera lenses, and only indoors when I have the time to clean it correctly. Got in the habit decades ago with high dollar stuff, and treat even low dollar stuff the same way.

Reactions: beerthief