Scope for hw 30

I've never actually used peep sights but I'd be very surprised if the best peep sighter in the world could shoot groups half as good as I can with my HW30 and Leupold 3-9 EFR scope at 20 meters. At this distance, it is a consistent dime shooter all day and I'm a terrible shooter, fyi.

I just don't understand buying a precision air rifle and not taking full advantage of it's accuracy potential.

To the original question...My scope of choice would be the Leupold 3-9x33 EFR for the HW30. It's light, compact, reliable, clear, and focuses to under 10 yards.

I just might have one for sale in the classifieds at a pretty good deal:);)
Dime at 20 meters isn't beyond peepsights on a HW at all. It'd be good but not unusual. Most infantry rifles use peep sights and can be deadly accurate out to 600 yards.

I'm not going to lie, I shoot better groups with scopes but peeps are plenty Accurate. I can swat 2 inch spinners all day at 50 yards with my peeped HW30. I'd recommend you try them before making assumptions. Here's a picture of a ten shot group at ten yards from my HW30. It's small enough to still hold a pellet. The groups above were previously shot ten shot groups. It all tightened when I shifted my POA to the 6 o'clock position of the 1 inch red dot. Granted this is a cherry picked group and I'll probably never repeat it but it's still ten shots.

Peeps are lighter, quicker to target and generally more fun to use scoped rifles. They also rejuvenate the eyes of older people who can't use standard irons.

Ymmv

20220310_095124.jpg

20220310_095105.jpg

20220310_095049.jpg

20220310_095157.jpg

Dime at 20 meters isn't beyond peepsights on a HW at all. It'd be good but not unusual. Most infantry rifles use peep sights and can be deadly accurate out to 600 yards.

I'm not going to lie, I shoot better groups with scopes but peeps are plenty Accurate. I can swat 2 inch spinners all day at 50 yards with my peeped HW30. I'd recommend you try them before making assumptions. Here's a picture of a ten shot group at ten yards from my HW30. It's small enough to still hold a pellet. The groups above were previously shot ten shot groups. It all tightened when I shifted my POA to the 6 o'clock position of the 1 inch red dot. Granted this is a cherry picked group and I'll probably never repeat it but it's still ten shots.

Peeps are lighter, quicker to target and generally more fun to use scoped rifles. They also rejuvenate the eyes of older people who can't use standard irons.

Ymmv

View attachment 351452

View attachment 351453

View attachment 351454

View attachment 351455
That peep sight was inspired by you here? I now have several and like them allot.

That peep sight was inspired by you here? I now have several and like them allot.
I found them accidentally on my own a couple years ago. Then I did a full review on another AG forum. I did send a few people here to it. I didn't invent them or nothing like that and maybe others have used them on powder burners but to the best of my knowledge I was the first here using them on air guns.
I like them allot as well.

Reactions: bf1956

Ymmv

View attachment 351452

View attachment 351453

View attachment 351454

View attachment 351455
concur… I leg out using iron and made P100 before scopes were allowed for SRs… I used a set of Beeman aperture sights on my HW35 for indoor off hand practice

I've used the .050 aperture on the Williams. It gave me a much sharper front sight picture. The .093 didn't work well for me. The only problem I had with the .050 was in low light I couldn't find the target easily.
I now use a tech sight. It has a .062 aperture and it's a perfect size for me. Gives me a sharp enough picture and works in lower light than .050.
@Mycapt65 what model Tech Sight are you using on your HW30?

@Mycapt65 what model Tech Sight are you using on your HW30?
Rem 200 IIRC. It's underside is milled to clear a rounded receiver. If you call them and ask them they'll remove the included front sight and discount the kit. Very good people to deal with. I HIGHLY recommend the 5 dollar adjustment tool. Elevation adjustments are tough without the spanner part of the tool.

Reactions: bf1956
I have recently purchased a hw 30 from air guns of arizona. Great packaging, super service. The rifle needs a reliable scope. I tried Hawke Air Max 32 2-7 I bought from Amazon. It could not be zeroed. Returned it, bought Hawke vanguard,as recommended by aoa Not very clear image, simply would not hold zero. At 10 yards it put 3 touching, the next one would be inches away somewhere else. The next shot could be anywhere. base it tight and scope ring bolts have been torqued to 15 inch pounds as recommend by the manufacturer Change in elevation also changed windage... After about 100 shots I finally gave up. I am returning it to Amazon. That's 2 bad ones in a row from Amazon. I am wondering if it is Amazon or poor quality of that model of Hawke scope. At present I have a fixed 4x utg and it is still holding zero after 1000 shots. but I would like just a bit more magnification. Unfortunately UTG doesn't make a 2x7 I refuse to buy another Hawke. The hw 30 has almost no recoil. Is a really expensive scope the only way to go?? l would really like a 2x7 or fixed 6 I thought about a bugbuster, but it seems due to their compact size, a one piece mount cannot be used. Any suggestions?

a
I just had same experience with buying two Hawke 4x12x50AMX scopes from Amazon. One scope elevation did not work I returned it, second scope would go out of focus after the first shot. Scopes were mounted on Beeman R1 rifle.

Rem 200 IIRC. It's underside is milled to clear a rounded receiver. If you call them and ask them they'll remove the included front sight and discount the kit. Very good people to deal with. I HIGHLY recommend the 5 dollar adjustment tool. Elevation adjustments are tough without the spanner part of the tool.
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

I have a Williams FP-AG-TK frame on my R7 with a Gehmann adjustable iris, but would like to try a more streamlined peep. The Williams WGRS-54 sits a tad too high on the receiver - and is pretty clunky in terms of adjustments. The Tech Sight Rem 200 may be the solution.