N/A Scope for HW50?

Every rifle spring is different. It really depends on how oversprung it is to begin with. It could be between 0 and pound and a half. With that pg4 kit I'd guess a little under a pound on the first coil cut.

I just checked my notes. I was wrong earlier about the output of that last 50 I did. It was 12.75 fpe with FTTs and 13.25 with SHPs. Sorry if I mislead you.
Did some pellet testing over the chronograph today with ftt and baracuda 15s i used the weight on the tins to calculate energy. Ftts were consistent and averaging 643.1 fps 13.47 fpe, The baracuda 15s averaged 580.8 fps 11.92 fpe. But no real POI shift.
5 shot groups @ 25 meters

Screenshot_20240727_213701_Facebook~2.jpg

Did some pellet testing over the chronograph today with ftt and baracuda 15s i used the weight on the tins to calculate energy. Ftts were consistent and averaging 643.1 fps 13.47 fpe, The baracuda 15s averaged 580.8 fps 11.92 fpe. But no real POI shift.
5 shot groups @ 25 meters

View attachment 483265
It's typical of weihrauch springers to lose energy as pellet weights increase. FTTs consistently work well in weihrauch 22. They usually make close to maximum energy and are very accurate.

With the gun shooting like that, I wouldn't touch a thing. Well unless its unenjoyable for you to shoot it as is. Personally I prefer a quick snappy cycle over a slowed gun. People think that slowing springers down automatically makes them more accurate and easier to shoot. That's not necessarily true. Theres a point the shot cycle gets too long and becomes soggy. That can make the gun more hold sensitive. At the very least I think the resultant Kerrrr---thump two part shot cycle is unpleasant. I much prefer a single strong thud.

Keep us updated. Are you still looking to cut a coil?

Last edited:
Reactions: camd and sekiar
It's typical of weihrauch springers to lose energy as pellet weights increase. FTTs consistently work well in weihrauch 22. They usually make close to maximum energy and are very accurate.

With gun shooting like that, I wouldn't touch a thing. Well unless its unenjoyable for you to shoot it as is. Personally I prefer a quick snappy cycle over a slowed gun. People think that slowing springers down automatically makes them more accurate and easier to shoot. That's not necessarily true. Theres a point the shot cycle gets too long and becomes soggy. That can also make the gun hold sensitive. At the very least I think the resultant Kerrrr---thump two part shot is unpleasant. I much prefer a single strong thud.

Keep us updated. Are you still looking to cut a coil?
I havnt bought the dremel out yet. If do decide I want to reduce the power I'll probably do it by removing half coils. I good session next Saturday will determine what my plan is