Welcome to AGN!

Spring guns require different set ups than normal pb guns, pumpers, CO2 or PCP.

They have a unique, double recoil. When the gun fires it recoils backwards then when the piston hits the top it recoils forwards.

Because of this, spring guns are tough on scopes. They make scopes that are specific for airguns and you can ask around here what's springer rated. I'm sorry idk if yours is but Google should lol

Another thing is you need a very solid base for those. Most people recommend a 1 piece base so there is tons more surface area the base is gripping the rail. Also, lots of 1 piece scope bases have a recoil lug that is like a set screw you screw down thru the base before putting on the scope so the thing doesn't move over recoil.

I've had good luck with UTG one piece scope mounts.

They also make springer "recoil less" mounts by Diana that has 2 rods to keep the scope parallel but then springs to sbsorb the recoil. I've heard those are okay just pricey. Probably find knockoff on ebay ?

If the new base doesn't work then it may be your scope.

Welcome to AGN!

They have a unique, double recoil. When the gun fires it recoils backwards then when the piston hits the top it recoils forwards.

Because of this, spring guns are tough on scopes. They make scopes that are specific for airguns and you can ask around here what's springer rated. I'm sorry idk if yours is but Google should lol

Another thing is you need a very solid base for those. Most people recommend a 1 piece base so there is tons more surface area the base is gripping the rail. Also, lots of 1 piece scope bases have a recoil lug that is like a set screw you screw down thru the base before putting on the scope so the thing doesn't move over recoil.

They also make springer "recoil less" mounts by Diana that has 2 rods to keep the scope parallel but then springs to sbsorb the recoil. I've heard those are okay just pricey. Probably find knockoff on ebay ?

Thanks for the quick reply, the airgun scope, scope mounts and rifle came as a combination package from the airguncentre.com in the UK and the Hawkes eclipse scope is made specificially by Hawkes scopes for the airguncentre.com. I've spoke to them, they've asked me to send it back because they've never heard of it before so I'm most likely just going to do that. Thank you for your time, however.

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
Thanks for the quick reply, the airgun scope, scope mounts and rifle came as a combination package from the airguncentre.com in the UK and the Hawkes eclipse scope is made specificially by Hawkes scopes for the airguncentre.com. I've spoke to them, they've asked me to send it back because they've never heard of it before so I'm most likely just going to do that. Thank you for your time, however.
Yeah a swap is easier than chasing something however it is still true you need a super solid base for springers. If what it came with is strong and won't shift that's fine otherwise I really recommend the one piece unit.

Also just to rule everything out, did you use the artillery hold when shooting?

Yeah a swap is easier than chasing something however it is still true you need a super solid
Yeah a swap is easier than chasing something however it is still true you need a super solid base for springers. If what it came with is strong and won't shift that's fine otherwise I really recommend the one piece unit.

base for springers. If what it came with is strong and won't shift that's fine otherwise I really recommend the one piece unit.

Also just to rule everything out, did you use the artillery hold when shootthis

I'm new to this so, seated position gun on an air gun rest so the gun can recoil when its fired. I'll also ask them for a one piece scope mount as well when I send it back. I will reply back to let you know how it goes. Thank you.

I'm new to this so, seated position gun on an air gun rest so the gun can recoil when its fired. I'll also ask them for a one piece scope mount as well when I send it back. I will reply back to let you know how it goes. Thank you.
Yes the rest can work some people will still hold the gun up front but put your hand in the rest then gun on top of palm if possible just so if they go walk around or hold it standing and shoot the gun should hit similar spot.

Basically for springers to be accurate you have to hold it same way / let it recoil the same way EVERY TIME. Some guns are what they call "hold sensitive " which means what I just said but others are not you can bipod them or hold closer or further up the grip and they shoot same. Lucky if you have one of those.

It all has to do with the vibrations caused from the piston being release then slamming into the cylinder/breech face because those vibrations bounce the barrel around and the pellet hasn't left the barrel yet so all the vibrations affect it til it leaves. I've heard that's why sometimes springers don't like very heavy ammo cause the pellet is in the barrel longer so more vibrations affect it but then also you don't want too light pellet that the piston doesn't have a cushion of friction resistance from the pellet in the barrel and slams hard into the cylinder

You have to find a pellet that works with each and every airgun. You can luck out and it be the cheaper ones but sometimes the ones like JSB or H&N brand are accurate because they are so consistently made. (Sorry that's not scope related but still accuracy related so I thought I'd say it )

Welcome to AGN!

I c

Reactions: antony123me
Does it have turrets like this one ?

If so yry a small eyeglasses type screwdriver and see if the 2 sctews in the knob are tight .. thinking back on a scooe i had the screws would come loose ( to the point of falling out) and maybe cause the turning your referring to ? Long shot but ???
th-3267195736.jpg

never heard of a scope turrets advancing one click when the gun is fired ? or turning as you say . do they move one click every time IE: 6 shots = 6 clicks ?
Sounds almost like a cartoon lol

Does it have turrets like this one ?

If so yry a small eyeglasses type screwdriver and see if the 2 sctews in the knob are tight .. thinking back on a scooe i had the screws would come loose ( to the point of falling out) and maybe cause the turning your referring to ? Long shot but ???
View attachment 374384
Yeah I was thinking well what if there are locking turrets but just aren't locked? It actually being loose internally is another good idea to check, good suggestion!

Sounds almost like a cartoon lol

Yeah I was thinking well what if there are locking turrets but just aren't locked? It actually being loose internally is another good idea to check, good suggestion!
Ive had this type be loose and used a coin to tighten but dont recall that causing the turret to free spin . Could be somthing under it needs a turn .?
th-3080722506.jpg

Looking i guess that eclipse line been discontinued .. if there is warranty and you van send it in they may send back a next best ( better?). Scope

never heard of a scope turrets advancing one click when the gun is fired ? or turning as you say . do they move one click every time IE: 6 shots = 6 clicks ?
ye both turrets move one notch in the same direction each time i fire. so turrets set to 0 fire the rifle and both move to 1, then fire again and they both move to 2 and so on i fired five shots and the turrets ended up at notch 5 and they both move in the same direction.

Ive had this type be loose and used a coin to tighten but dont recall that causing the turret to free spin . Could be somthing under it needs a turn .?
View attachment 374407

Looking i guess that eclipse line been discontinued .. if there is warranty and you van send it in they may send back a next best ( better?). Scope
ye its sent back already.

just thought i would post the url for the combination packege i got. and a picture of the scope that come with it.

Capture1.JPG

View attachment 374407

Looking i guess that eclipse line been discontinued .. if there is warranty and you van send it in they may send back a next best ( better?). Scopi

View attachment 374407

ye i looked on the site for the scope to i couldnt find it, i had to email hawkes scopse to get a pdf manual for it they sent it strait away. however the gun shop i got it from say the scope is made by hawkse scopes just for them. just watched a video on the scope on the airgunecentre website