The best clearest bang for the buck under $200 (sold domestically stateside and not from Aliexpress in China) that's a 10 yard minimum side focus scope with an illuminated BDC holdover reticle is the Barra H30 4-16x50. $189-$199 typical price on Amazon and REPUTABLE TRUSTED big names such as Optics Planet Night-Optics and Tactical Store.com and of course Barra Optics. IT IS SUPER CLEAR. Like a HAWKE SIDEWINDER 30 CLEAR for less than half the price. I bought FIVE and realized I just wanted higher magnification that's all. I did buy ONE first and was SO blown away how clear it was that I bought 4 more. It's FOR SURE clearer than any CHEAP UNDER $200 HAWKE and gives ANY LEAPERS-UTG scope DIRTY SPANKINGS ITS LAUGHABLE. I'LL OFFER TO TRADE YOU ONE FOR SOMETHING WORTH THE SAME stuff you don't need like any caliber pellets or whatever. I CAN EVEN SEND IT TO YOU FIRST TO CHECK IT OUT. Yo!

Or you can feel free to buy from OPTICS PLANET. FYI- AMAZON doesn't PACK their $HIT WELL ENOUGH and you're likely to receive a banged up item like a box of pellet tins all smashed with absolutely no packing material whatsoever AND RECENTLY GOT WIND THAT THEY MAY EVEN BE SELLING COUNTERFEIT STUFF THAT LOOKS LIKE THE REAL DEAL. Yo!

1590292929_10139016945ec9f1c13acda5.81778719.jpg

Though you may have to shop around a little to be sub $150, my favorite is ETA - Athlon's Talos 3-12x40 or 4-16x40. Why??? It has good glass, but most importantly has a mildot reticle going along with low profile .1 mil click turrets that are capped! And it side focuses at 10Y on max magnification. Lightweight and somewhat compact. 

Being SFP I can see the reticle well on low mag for point blank distance, set it at 10x for holdovers to be correct in MRAD, mine is the 4-16 so 16x is used dialing for long range. Good scope to learn mils like a pro. I've had it on my $1500 varmint rifle for years with no problems and liked it so much I left it on the rifle. 

IMO, don't go for moa turrets and mil reticle which are found in most other brands, which was always a silly way to go.

Though you may have to shop around a little to be sub $150, my favorite is Athlon's Argos 3-12x40 or 4-16x40. Why??? It has good glass, but most importantly has a mildot reticle going along with low profile .1 mil click turrets that are capped! And it side focuses at 10Y on max magnification. Lightweight and somewhat compact. 

Being SFP I can see the reticle well on low mag for point blank distance, set it at 10x for holdovers to be correct in MRAD, mine is the 4-16 so 16x is used dialing for long range. Good scope to learn mils like a pro. I've had it on my $1500 varmint rifle for years with no problems and liked it so much I left it on the rifle. 

IMO, don't go for moa turrets and mil reticle which are found in most other brands, which was always a silly way to go.

I'm with you on the moa turrets mill reticle thing but at the price point was unaware that these were available. Not UTG fan mine broke early on and so did one of my three Hawke scopes.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/athlon-optics-talos-3-12x40-side-focus-riflescope.html?_iv_code=28W-RS-TL31240-215003

Though you may have to shop around a little to be sub $150, my favorite is Athlon's Argos 3-12x40 or 4-16x40. Why??? It has good glass, but most importantly has a mildot reticle going along with low profile .1 mil click turrets that are capped! And it side focuses at 10Y on max magnification. Lightweight and somewhat compact. 

I'm with you on the moa turrets mill reticle thing but at the price point was unaware that these were available. Not UTG fan mine broke early on and so did one of my three Hawke scopes.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/athlon-optics-talos-3-12x40-side-focus-riflescope.html?_iv_code=28W-RS-TL31240-215003

Yes Talos, not Argos, sometimes I forget, lol.

So far, knock on wood, none of my personal Athlon scopes have had to go back for repair.