Scott SCBA tank valve.... SIEZED!

I changed it out for one of Joe Brancato's valves. Definitely not cheaper, but I really like his valves over others I've tried. Dual gauges, slow flow, and male foster for quick attaching/detaching hoses for filling guns or attaching my Alkin Compressor (mine has female foster quick detach on hose) for filling.
Do you recall which thread option you ordered; 7/8ths, 5/8ths or M18? Probably 7/8?

Last edited:
I would very much appreciate any recommendation/link you care to share. Im seeing some sketchy quality/negative reviews as I peruse the option on amazon. If you have a solid experience, Id love to give one a try
Keep the original Scott valve if you already have a CGA347 fill adapter for it. They're simple, solid and durable. You never mentioned a fill adapter. Do you have one?

Last edited:
I would very much appreciate any recommendation/link you care to share. Im seeing some sketchy quality/negative reviews as I peruse the option on amazon. If you have a solid experience, Id love to give one a try
I have 3 that I've gotten off Ebay (hand-tight model). Had no problems other than having to change small o-ring on the tip every 6 mos. The rings are cheap from Mcmaster-Carr or Oringsandmore. Here's a link. There are more.

Reactions: FreshAir
Thanks for suggesting this option Gerry52.

I'm about to (PUN WARNING!) pull the trigger on this. Fingers crossed on its suitability. My tank has male threads and this unit appears built to receive them.

CGA347 Female Thread Air Rifle Fill Station PCP Charging Adaptor with 36 Inch Hose for Paintball PCP SCBA 0-6000 PSI Filling Station Inflation Valve Kit​

61R6kJg-MRL._AC_SX522_.jpg

That is ABSOLUTELY going to fit. You have CGA347 male on the tank. SOME people have had problems with these but it's ALWAYS an easy fix. If you have problems, PM me (but I don't think you will). Problems are usually too soft or small an o-ring or the groove where o-ring sits has sharp edge or burr that is EASILY smoothed with emery cloth. More than likely you'll get a good one! DON'T FRET!
What kind of gun do you have? If FX, you'll probably want to get an extended female foster quick connect at some point as some FX guns have their fill foster set deeply. For my fat fingers it's a must have.