Screwed to death

Moderator 2 says that my suggestion about buying a new airgun was “off topic” and it has been removed.
Evidently I should not have recommended anything to you on sale for 25% off since you had sold your airgun already. In order to stay on topic I will recommend that you buy back the one you just sold so that the premise of this posting never changes.

By the way, the airgun sold in the 30 minutes from listing it on classifieds.

Obviously, those with skills (and tools) have tricks that do not share with the rest of us.
A lot of folks have shared “tricks” with you prior to you selling. Here’s one though, that should’ve been mentioned:

Walk away. Sometimes it’s best to just stop. When frustration sets in it clouds clear thinking. The process of attacking something in a step by step procedure goes away. When you walk away, it allows you to calm down, do a bit more research to see what’s out there as far as tools and what not to help with your scenario.

Did you know vibratite, a maker of thread locking compounds, has a product that possibly could have helped in your situation?

Or a specialty tool to grab fasteners by the head that has had its grip means rounded off?

Yeah, walking away for me, has always helped, and in the end, I’ve always won the fight. That’s how I look at it when it’s all done and fixed- I won

A lot of folks have shared “tricks” with you prior to you selling. Here’s one though, that should’ve been mentioned:

Walk away. Sometimes it’s best to just stop. When frustration sets in it clouds clear thinking. The process of attacking something in a step by step procedure goes away. When you walk away, it allows you to calm down, do a bit more research to see what’s out there as far as tools and what not to help with your scenario.

Did you know vibratite, a maker of thread locking compounds, has a product that possibly could have helped in your situation?

Or a specialty tool to grab fasteners by the head that has had its grip means rounded off?

Yeah, walking away for me, has always helped, and in the end, I’ve always won the fight. That’s how I look at it when it’s all done and fixed- I won
Thank you for the advice.

I have decided to not sell it for now.
I will try a few more things before I give up.

If I cannot get those screws out then I cannot change some very important o'rings.
At least I will shame Gamo who is selling it and BSA who is manufacturing it.

Thank you for the advice.

I have decided to not sell it for now.
I will try a few more things before I give up.

If I cannot get those screws out then I cannot change some very important o'rings.
At least I will shame Gamo who is selling it and BSA who is manufacturing it.
Well I have to say in BSA's defense even though I dislike it, has put some tamper resistant items on their guns because of the sub 12 ftlb laws in the UK. And giving ideas for people to tear down their guns, gives people easier access to modify them.

Allen

Try Kroil and let it sit, then tap the screw with a small hammer lightly .. Do this several times.. If that does not work try a propane torch and heat up the area around it..
I agree with this approach. If the Kroil doesn't work the heat from a propane torch or a heat gun will penetrate the metal down to the threads. If Gamo used a staking compound for a thread locker it will take more heat than normal to loosen it. The valve is metal and the barrel is steel so the most the heat can do is ruin the o rings. Do you know anyone with a Tig welder? It's possible to tack weld the wrench into the damaged screw. You'll waste the screw and the wrench but it's nothing ventured, nothing gained at this point. I've managed to removed some severely damaged fasteners with the tack weld method. Silver solder is a second method if a Tig welder isn't available. The extra heat will help loosen the threads on the fastener as well. Just my 2 cents.

Today I made another attempt to get the first valve screw out.
This time I used a heat gun and heated up the screw for3-4 minutes.
I was unsuccessful removing the screw.
I think I need a better flatehead screwdriver.

I also managed to burn out my heat gun which is now completely dead.

In total I have spent 3-4 hours just trying to get out a single screw.

But I am not giving up.

I attached some photos of the valve screws.
Maybe some of you have some ideas.

20230706_073905.jpg

20230706_073913.jpg

20230706_073919.jpg

So, backyard and legit mechanics alike are often aware the best or damn near the best penetrator is a 50/50 mix of acetone and Alphabet org fluid. UGH here we go again. AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID. Personally I would have hit it with some heat. If that doesn't work, drill them and use extractor. If that doesnt work, completely drill them thru and then tap the holes for larger fasteners.... I'm not a fan of helicoils, but that can be a solution as well.

Either way, someone somewhere is a major dick and used ALL of the red loctite.

Also, given that you could not get the thing quiet, I wouldnt be surprised if it had a breech or valve leak all along. Just maybe got worse.