Seeking experienced input on Atlas bipod clones vs actual Atlas and/or Accu-tac.

D2E9597E-37B3-4C80-9DB5-68D3F05F1E26.1639257270.jpeg
935D08C9-3B83-4989-B2AC-745FC8D6F823.1639257272.jpeg
17233F9C-C011-42BE-8CAB-FCB4F817FCC0.1639257273.jpeg
05CEC6C5-E6AD-4E17-BEA3-47B9C0DB87D0.1639257275.jpeg
E42BD13C-0B18-4D0A-ABC3-A8A251A8B10C.1639257278.jpeg
1BBFB4B6-48FA-45CC-A174-85117914FD8A.1639257280.jpeg
F6EEAADC-6CEB-4642-911A-A7761388D178.1639257283.jpeg
99853D19-D951-4EA7-A503-F7674981BC2A.1639257283.jpeg
It is a nice bi-pod but do not get the quick disconnect version because it is a bit of a pain. The bipod is very sturdy and locks up well. The 7 positions are great.

I have the quick connect model and had to disassemble the bipod to attach it — trivial to do. I replaced the square brass washer with a round one.

I would say this bipod is the mid ground between the better Atlas bipod and a knock off Atlas unless you end up with a really good knock off. It is 1/4 the price though.

It is also extremely stable more so than my Atlas clone on the pulsar. It almost feelsblike I am shooting from a bag rest.

I am happy with it and will likely pick one up for my Pulsar.

Concur -- posted from my laptop, made in China, over 802.11ac with a radio made in China, through my AC-68U made in China, into my Adtran 411 which was made in China. I'll follow up from my iPhone, made in China if I'm on the road in my 2012 Wrangler JKU running a CANBUS system made in China.

Mao is pretty happy at the moment mostly from my bipod purchase.

Concur -- posted from my laptop, made in China, over 802.11ac with a radio made in China, through my AC-68U made in China, into my Adtran 411 which was made in China. I'll follow up from my iPhone, made in China if I'm on the road in my 2012 Wrangler JKU running a CANBUS system made in China.

Mao is pretty happy at the moment mostly from my bipod purchase.

The staff at Atlas are probably not as happy as Mao.

As a strong capitalist it is my moral obligation to the republic to make as much money as I can and spend as I see fit.

Sadly many share a belief or ideology that they have input into how, where, and why I spend my earned money. Some even feel they are entitled to a portion of it, even in the nonworking class.

World economics would show that to compete in a global market the quality of goods must be superior or the ROI from a cost benefit should be similar.

The Chinese bipod is on my PCPs, made in England, using pellets made in America powered by batteries made in Japan.

If you think I was telling you where or how to spend your money, you're way off the mark.

Atlas designed and made a good bipod and the Chinese stole the design and made a junky version of it.

You bought one and then asked if the original made in USA version was better.

I bought the original version without looking at a knock off because I like quality products.

I also like to support companies/people/families in North America as opposed to those who steal ideas or designs and sell an inferior version of what they stole.

I personally apologize for misreading your intent. I try to buy domestic where I can but $280 for a bipod on a PCP that is recoilless does not fit my initial ROI. That said, I found something entirely different above that is not a knock off, seems to be of unique origin, and works very well. It is not a knock-off of a USA design that I know of and was 1/4 the price of the Atlas or Accu-tac.

Thanks for your responses and input; apologies again.

Edit: Thumb typing

@lmnop, we understand that most PCPs don't recoil. Hence, most bipods work for shooting off the bench or display purposes. Recoil management wouldn't be a reason to purchase a solid bipod like an Accu Tac. Not having to cobble a lesser bipod into something that's still not even in the ball park with Atlses or Accu Tacs does not appeal to me. In actual hard use the clones simply don't hold up. The overall solid stance and seamless adjustments, (no excessive monkey motions) an Accu Tac gives to a rifle has to be felt before you can compare the clones as alike. Heck, I'm sure my Accu Tac will be used by one of my heirs after I'm gone.

I personally apologize for misreading your intent. I try to buy domestic where I can but $280 for a bipod on a PCP that is recoilless does not fit my initial ROI. That said, I found something entirely different above that is not a knock off, seems to be of unique origin, and works very well. It is not a knock-off of a USA design that I know of and was 1/4 the price of the Atlas or Accu-tac.

Thanks for your responses and input; apologies again.

Edit: Thumb typing

No harm, no foul, and no apology necessary. If I could afford another bipod I would get the Accu-tac as it looks like it's very nice and has good reviews. The Atlas I have is very good, but doesn't have a cant lever like the Accu-tac. I found it hard to justify the amount I spent on the Atlas, but it can go on different rifles I have so that kind of helped. I'm also of the mind to buy once, cry once, and it definitely fell into that category.

Just wanted to provide more feedback: Still super happy with the UUQ on the Pulsar and Renegade; would buy again. Have not needed or felt the need for another bipod or modifications after using the UUQ ones. I imagine if the wide stance Accutac is similar it makes for quite a steady bipod.

also have the UUQ and even with the finicky QD it’s still awesome! Also not all clones are equal but most atlas clones are usable but certainly aren’t great.