Seneca/Sam Yang Seneca .35

I have one on the way. I bought it because I'm a bullet caster with tons of Molds to choose from. I wasn't really looking for a powerhouse big bore,just a varmint rifle to shoot rock chucks out to about 75 yards. This gun came with a Donny FL in it so it should be quiet.

with 100 to 150g bullets what kind of shot count and accuracy(50 yard) are people getting?

Reactions: anonymous_.457
ok,thanks for all the input everyone 😀

I have 200 shots through the rifle with various bullet designs. I find the throat/leade of the rifle very abrupt and pushing the bullet to engage often results in a crooked launch. Bullets that are .360 diameter and with no shoulder (not semi wadcutter)seem to enter the rifling better.
it's not a tack driver(I knew it wasn't going to be) but as I work with it 50 yard groups are shrinking to closer to 1" for 5 shots.
Next i think im going to pull the barrel and run my throating reamer(1.5 degree taper per side) in it to help the bullets entry into the barrel.

I cast my bullets from a mix of pure lead I get at the scrapyard($1 per #) and free reclaimed bullets from the backstop of our indoor shooting range. I have my own omega compressor and a CF tank I bought very cheaply at an estate sale. I am able to shoot this for a just over a penny per shot using 155g bullets (oops, slugs)

Last edited:
Reactions: AmosBurton
I went out today and a pretty big wind and rainstorm.And I limited myself to thirty five yards. I cast up some from a 225g SAECO mold. I may be overly optimistic but this seems like it's getting pretty good.

20240911_161834.jpg

20240911_161726.jpg

I went out today and a pretty big wind and rainstorm.And I limited myself to thirty five yards. I cast up some from a 225g SAECO mold. I may be overly optimistic but this seems like it's getting pretty good.

View attachment 495444

View attachment 495445
I haven't knocked the dust off of mine in some time, but if I recall, it really liked a griffin slug. Ill look through my notes and possibly drag it out this weekend.

Reactions: harrympope
Still windy but I brought Orange Spongebob out and shot a few to get velocity.
They are only losing 20 FPS at 50 yards according to my Labradar. After I was done I used the last ten to pop some rocks at 150 yards. Low power is about 130 fpe and high power 200 fpe. Bullet only weighs 205g, I was incorrect on my original post.
The shots and low power I was holding the upper circles,The high power was almost at the aiming point. The group on the left I had 4 in 1 hole when the wind let up a bit .And I should have waited for the fifth shot...
I'm a lot happier with this than I thought it would be.

20240912_102913.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtyGator

I got out today on a nice non windy day at good shooting bench. I tethered my Ninja 90CI 2900 output tank.At 50 yards the 205 and 245 bullets shot near identical groups.At 100 the 245 didn't shoot as good as the 205g and the drop was a foot lower .Best groups with the 205 was 2.25" others (not shown) were about 3" Target at 100 that I attached shows best groups with each bullet.
I ended at 50 yards shooting the last 15 245g bullets.the 6th shot dropped then all others back to the group.

The trigger on these is a real challenge as it is heavy but also not very consistent. It is like two rusty files rubbing together. But I am getting used to it.

Also yesterday afternoon my cocking lever broke off at the threaded portion and was a challenge to get the stub out!
I whipped out a quick replacement on the lathe but will do a better one later on

20240915_091400.jpg

20240915_091428.jpg

20240915_091351.jpg

20240914_194454.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtyGator