Sexy Rexy chrono #s and 9 yards groups😩😀 --Update--

Ran these four strings and the numbers aren’t bad and could get better. But these groups are just terrible. Tried it with and without the moderator. No adjustment was made to the scope for all groups. Shot two, five shot groups with the 1701p with CPHPs as a control. As you can see Rexi is dyslexic. Will send these images to @thammer, to see if he still wants to mess with it.

E69905AF-1674-40FC-9E11-8153B1607EC7.1640565417.jpeg
C9169B93-DF42-4067-B165-F64D48936878.1640565418.jpeg
C1B1C944-5E4E-4689-8544-3BEE1A1A9516.1640565419.jpeg

Comments? Thought?...

@ezana4ce, yes what happened with that group? That was the general POI, POA was the bull of the fourth target. And yes those are a measured 9 yards, am hoping this one is just a lemon. @thammer, has generously offered to look at it. That's where it's going, then he can better assess and post up his findings. It shoots the JSBs and AAs 16s just as erratically. I refuse to waste any more of them on her. I've put at least a tin and half four different pellets through her, plus two different, known to be accurate scopes, she refuses to group consistently at set zero.

@ezana4ce, yes what happened with that group? That was the general POI, POA was the bull of the fourth target. And yes those are a measured 9 yards, am hoping this one is just a lemon. @thammer, has generously offered to look at it. That's where it's going, then he can better assess and post up his findings. It shoots the JSBs and AAs 16s just as erratically. I refuse to waste any more of them on her. I've put at least a tin and half four different pellets through her, plus two different, known to be accurate scopes, she refuses to group consistently at set zero.

I haven’t seen anything like this, but sounds like barrel lotteries people have gone through with other guns. Hopefully it’s a one-off. 

Luis the gun got here today and I understand the excitement. I'm truly impressed and unfortunately I'll now have to buy my own. Thanks for nudging the already inevitable... lol

I'll get it tested and try a few things to see what I think it could be then make sure you're okay with the changes and retest. I won't make any modifications until we talk. 

1640799888405411430983964272810.1640799910.jpg

My guess is the choke is too tight. Had to tap a Crosman pellet to push through the choke. They are really hard though. Only had digital calipers but they do measure to .0005 and seeing somewhere around .210 choke. Fire lapping with some grooved slugs and compound could possibly open that up a little. I've had good luck shooting polymags and wadcutters even with a really tight choke because there's so little lead to compress but would suck to be limited to only 1-2 pellets. Especially since polymags are to long for the mags. 

Reactions: ThomasT