Shake awake scopes

I've committed this blunder several times now. With my scopes with illuminated reticle, I forget to turn off the illumination. Yes, I try to remember but at times between excitement, conversations, reloading, phone, and family happenings. I did a search on the internet and my net kungfu is not strong at all. A lot of red dot stuff. I did find something from PA. What is out there for shake awake scope options? Why wouldn't this be a feature to enable on most illuminated scopes? If holosun can jam that feature into little tiny red dots, why not illuminated scopes?

1723816295522.png

My buddy needs one of these. He forgets to turn his little neon sign off every shoot. He forgets to buy batteries for it and his reticle dosent light up for weeks. When he finally replaces the battery the battery cap vibrates off and gets lost in the dirt.

Then he knocks his tin of pellets on the ground looking for it.

He needs a new gadget to make sure his other gadget turns off. It will make the perfect stocking stuffer!

• Haha
Reactions: woogie_man and MrP
I need to use what keeps me shooting in the environments I like. As I've moved into my later 40's into 50's, I'll take the gizmos and widgets. Right now a springer and or pcp with magnification and illumination keeps me very happy shooting projectiles. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to shoot much at all. Shake awake is a feature I find has value. Guess the market and demand will set the tone regardless of my preferences for enjoyment. Eventually, I'd like to get into day / night scopes before my time is up.

I always remove batteries from electronic devices that sit for long periods. I absolutely will not use any DURACELL products. Total crap.
If you store your rifle on a rack, you could always cut a piece of one by two about the length of your rifle and when you take your rifle off your rack, put the one by two on the rack and it would have on it with a Sharpie “ Turn off scope idiot”. Or some kind of reminder like that.