Other Shootin' cans at 55 yards

Perfect weather this morning. Taking the LP400 for some can banging. Aim about 10 inches above the cans and watch 'em swing.

IMG_2122.jpeg

@maxtrouble That pistol looks like a shooter. What's the furthest you've shot it effectively? How do you calculate your holdover? Are you adjusting the dot or eyeballing it?

@Ezana4CE - I normally shoot at 20 yards. One inch dots, cans, grackles, chipmunks all are easy peasy. 55 yards is the gallery. I started shooting out that way and gradually found the hold over. When the weather cooperates I can hit juice and soup cans. I find it amazing to see how hard it hits cans at that distance. I would like to try it on a sh!tbird but for some reason they don't come around here anymore. 😀

What size moa dot is on your scope? I shoot out to 30 yards ok with a 3moa dot, but gets real sketchy out at 50 😂

I think it is 1 MOA. It's pretty small, about the size of a pin head.

Nice gallery you've got there

Thanks! Took about four hours and four people to put up. Have some thick scrap roofing on top so it is weatherproof.

Gallery. Cans are hung on paracord. Some cans are doubled up for heavy springers. Steel is painted flat white to see misses and orange for paddles. Backstop has heavy steel ventilation panels so pellets hit sand bottom.

View attachment 481220
That is one sweet set up sir.

Thx
Ray

Reactions: maxtrouble
Glad you shared this post and pictures.

Something about shooting tin cans is a lot of fun! That's what I did 56 years ago the first time I shot a bb gun so a fond memory.

Just two weeks ago I was hitting tin cans at 40-ish yards with my Steyr LP5. Hardly a miss and basically wind related.

Love these awesome Olympic match pistols! Mine is coming up on 25 years old now.

Reactions: maxtrouble