Shooting a Snowpeak PP750 at the General Target

Hello everyone,

This morning I shot the General Target with my Snowpeak PP750 .177 cal using the RWS Supermag Field Line 9.3gr Wadcutter pellets. Cold outside but set up in my shop at 15-feet and was able to shoot a 200 score. I had to hand load each pellet one at a time because the pellets were very hard to load using the magazine. The domed pellets feed OK from the magazine but the flat face of the wadcutter caused way too much resistance for me to feel comfortable "forcing" them in.

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP750.T1.jpg

Hello everyone,

This morning I shot the General Target with my Snowpeak PP750 .177 cal using the RWS Supermag Field Line 9.3gr Wadcutter pellets. Cold outside but set up in my shop at 15-feet and was able to shoot a 200 score. I had to hand load each pellet one at a time because the pellets were very hard to load using the magazine. The domed pellets feed OK from the magazine but the flat face of the wadcutter caused way too much resistance for me to feel comfortable "forcing" them in.

ThomasT
View attachment 326749
Wow! Nice target. Wasn't going to shoot today, but obviously you have me bested. Can't let that get by.

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT
Wow! Nice target. Wasn't going to shoot today, but obviously you have me bested. Can't let that get by.
Hello Sheriff Ross,

I figured that would raise the hackles on the back of your neck :p . Load up the ole pistol and start shooting. this was shot on my new Big Bang Pellet Trap, it has mystical powers 💀

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 326749
Nice!
Off hand? One or two handed?

• Love
I got the CARM magazines for my PP750,and all my other Snow Peak pistols,they work better and load easier then the stock mags.
Nice shooting.
Hello @boscoebrea

I also have the CARM magazines but they also were a bit hard to use with the Wadcutters. I can feel a strong resistance right at the point where the Pellet is passing through the O-Ring seal. It might improve over time when I am using the Domed Pellets.

ThomasT

OK, Thomas, I'll take you up on your call out. Don't pay attention to the wild shot on 13. I reshot that that one which counts in this town! 🤪😂🤡

View attachment 326767
Hey Sheriff what do you mean "this shot don't count" :oops:

Love your new avatar, it looks just like you :ROFLMAO:

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
OK. Here's a bit more challenging target to try. I printed out the large one from there site then xeroxed it. I can't create a pdf. Those red dots are tiny! Good luck on this one.

View attachment 326785
Hello Sheriff Ross,

Send me some dimensions via a PM and I will create a pdf for you.

Outlaw Travis / aka / ThomasT

Howdy pardners,

Ole Sheriff Ross @rsfrid needs to take a look see at this here Target. Scored myself a 200 Tin Stars :ROFLMAO: on this one.

ThomasT

PS: this is better than any of my rifles have ever shot this target.
View attachment 326800
Did you cheat? That's dang near perfect sheriff. Nice job. Now I'm off to find me a 22 cal sized paper punch! 😅🤣😂

• Haha
Did you cheat? That's dang near perfect sheriff. Nice job. Now I'm off to find me a 22 cal sized paper punch! 😅🤣😂
Hey Ross,

I actually had the jitters shooting that last line. That is the best that I have ever shot that target even with My Crown at 10-meters. I am quitting for the day, I know better than to push my luck.

More folks on this Forum should take their airguns out of the closet or from under the bed and try this target, it is FUN.

ThomasT

OK I must admit, you asked if I cheated, and yes I used the magic from the Big Bang Pellet Trap :D:ROFLMAO::D

Last edited:
  • Love
Very nice setup, I convert my pp750 to carbine with Daina Chaser barrel. I still have my pp700. Need to finish another project and then I setup the workbench for pistol.
Hello again @Raider03

Well this PP750 was supposed to have been converted to a long ( Carbine ) full shroud barrel, but it came back like this and I don't have the ability to do all the required changes. So I will shoot it as a Pistol for now.

ThomasT

Hello again @Raider03

Well this PP750 was supposed to have been converted to a long ( Carbine ) full shroud barrel, but it came back like this and I don't have the ability to do all the required changes. So I will shoot it as a Pistol for now.

ThomasT
@ThomasT and @Raider03 I believe pistol is the best tool for winter indoors as to master the hold, breathing, steady aim, etc. are a real challenge. I used to shoot NRA Bullseye 50 feet with my Hammerli 22 and I had a full workout regime to get arm strength, etc. Now when spring gets here (close your ears Thomas) I should be better equipped to shoot benchrest.