Shooting a Snowpeak PP750 at the General Target

Hello again @Raider03

Well this PP750 was supposed to have been converted to a long ( Carbine ) full shroud barrel, but it came back like this and I don't have the ability to do all the required changes. So I will shoot it as a Pistol for now.

ThomasT
Hi.
All I did was purchase the 17" barrel from AirgunArcheryFun and swapped it out. I added a BuckRail moderator that is thread for the Chaser barrel. I did 3D print pteg spacers that slide over the barrel, then put a carbon fiber tube over that. I want to buy better grips, thicker with a thumb rest. I can't find any for sale yet.

20220324_182105.jpg

Reactions: ThomasT
@ThomasT and @Raider03 I believe pistol is the best tool for winter indoors as to master the hold, breathing, steady aim, etc. are a real challenge. I used to shoot NRA Bullseye 50 feet with my Hammerli 22 and I had a full workout regime to get arm strength, etc. Now when spring gets here (close your ears Thomas) I should be better equipped to shoot benchrest.
GTA has a 5M indoor pistol gate, but, I didn't have the time for it last year. One little muscle twitch and I would be way off target!

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hi.
All I did was purchase the 17" barrel from AirgunArcheryFun and swapped it out. I added a BuckRail moderator that is thread for the Chaser barrel. I did 3D print pteg spacers that slide over the barrel, then put a carbon fiber tube over that. I want to buy better grips, thicker with a thumb rest. I can't find any for sale yet.

View attachment 326815
Hello,

Boy that looks good. Is your Pistol not black in color. Mine is all black.

ThomasT

Hello,

Boy that looks good. Is your Pistol not black in color. Mine is all black.

ThomasT
Hi, Thank you for the compliment. I have seen some amazing carbine conversations on this site. If memory serves BioHazard did an amazing HW44 carbine, mine really pales in comparison.

My pistol is also all black. The red around the wooden grip plate is a 3D printer spacer, one on each side under each grip plate, to make the grip wider. This makes it a little easier for me to hold the pistol steady. Probably not necessary now that it's a carbine. The stock also has a printer insert that slides in between the rails. The insert is a little wider than the rail, so when I push it fully forward the stock doesn't twist as easily.

Last edited:
  • Love
Hi, Thank you for the compliment. I have seen some amazing carbine conversations on this site. If memory serves BioHazard did an amazing HW44 carbine, mine really pales in comparison.

My pistol is also all black. The red around the wooden grip plate is a 3D printer spacer, one on each side under each grip plate, to make the grip wider. This makes it a little easier for me to hold the pistol steady. Probably not necessary now that it's a carbine. The stock also has a printer insert that slides in between the rails. The insert is a little wider than the rail, so when I push it fully forward the stock doesn't twist as easily.
Hello @Raider03

Great job, looks very nice.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Well I just received a shipment of pellets and one new for me is the RWS Super-H-Point Field Line 6.9gr. I just had to put up a new General Target and see how these babies would shoot and not too bad. I drew a blue circle around each target that I shot all black bulls eye, a total of 12 out of 20. One thing for certain, this PP750 like this new pellet :love:

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP750.T2.2.jpg

Hi @ThomasT
The Notos pistol grips fit my PP750.
The curved profile with palm swells are,to me, more comfortable then the standard grips.

View attachment 327660
Hello @Raider03

Love the looks of your Carbine. Mine was supposed to be like that, I had ordered and paid for the long barrel with the full shroud but only got the barrel and no shroud.

The way you have your scope mounted is one of those "adapters" dovetail to picatinny, is that correct? And if so is it good and solid? I like it.

ThomasT

Hello @Raider03

Love the looks of your Carbine. Mine was supposed to be like that, I had ordered and paid for the long barrel with the full shroud but only got the barrel and no shroud.

The way you have your scope mounted is one of those "adapters" dovetail to picatinny, is that correct? And if so is it good and solid? I like it.

ThomasT
Yes, it is an adapter from UTG. The front clamps onto the barrel band. The connection is solid. Purchased it on Amazon. Link follows. Should I print some petg spacers for you?

20230129_134216.jpg

• Love
Yes, it is an adapter from UTG. The front clamps onto the barrel band. The connection is solid. Purchased it on Amazon. Link follows. Should I print some petg spacers for you?

View attachment 327723
Hello @Raider03

I will order one of those, the close up photo shows it real well.

Thanks for the offer but I will shoot it like it is for a while. I'm not even sure that he sent everything else that I need to make the conversion. I am not a gun smith so that is why I paid to have the work done. Really like the way you have your's set up.

ThomasT

Reactions: Raider03
Hello everyone,

This morning I shot the General Target with my Snowpeak PP750 .177 cal using the RWS Supermag Field Line 9.3gr Wadcutter pellets. Cold outside but set up in my shop at 15-feet and was able to shoot a 200 score. I had to hand load each pellet one at a time because the pellets were very hard to load using the magazine. The domed pellets feed OK from the magazine but the flat face of the wadcutter caused way too much resistance for me to feel comfortable "forcing" them in.

ThomasT
View attachment 326749
Hi, maybe you can help me. I spoke to Wes yesterday at airgun archery for fun. He recommended I watch a video called Artemis PP 750 power level adjustments by Dan Geib.

With adjusting the hammer spring and the regulator you can get 10 FPE and if you drill it out you can get up to 20 FPE. My question is once you go beyond 10 FPE and drill it out but you don't want 20 fee because it's too low of a shot count can you bring it down to say European standards which I think are around 14 FPE just by adjusting the hammer spring? If not can you drill the hole to a smaller recommended size so you don't go up to 20 fpe?

• Love
Hi, maybe you can help me. I spoke to Wes yesterday at airgun archery for fun. He recommended I watch a video called Artemis PP 750 power level adjustments by Dan Geib.

With adjusting the hammer spring and the regulator you can get 10 FPE and if you drill it out you can get up to 20 FPE. My question is once you go beyond 10 FPE and drill it out but you don't want 20 fee because it's too low of a shot count can you bring it down to say European standards which I think are around 14 FPE just by adjusting the hammer spring? If not can you drill the hole to a smaller recommended size so you don't go up to 20 fpe?
Hello @powderblue

I am not a gun smith but from watching that video I would think to not drill the holes to start with. Try to get the 14fpe by adjusting the regulator and hammer spring. If that gets you close, then drill the holes BUT only a very slight over size at a time. Dan went all the way out to start but he was looking for the MAX pressure, you are looking for less than max.

ThomasT

Reactions: powderblue
Hello @powderblue

I am not a gun smith but from watching that video I would think to not drill the holes to start with. Try to get the 14fpe by adjusting the regulator and hammer spring. If that gets you close, then drill the holes BUT only a very slight over size at a time. Dan went all the way out to start but he was looking for the MAX pressure, you are looking for less than max.

ThomasT
Okay thanks for getting back to me.

• Love