Shop compressor paired with shoebox

So my 1st air rifle should arrive tomorrow! Pretty exited! I ordered a Hill MK4 hand pump. If I enjoy this as much as I think I will, I'm sure I'll be in the market for a shoebox or similar setup in the near future. Especially if I can get my father into air guns, then we can split the cost of a compressor.
My question is whether or not my shop compressor will work with a shoebox. Shoebox's website says 3 CFM (for the Freedom 8 model) on the shop compressor. My 150 psi compressor says 2.8 CFM at 90 psi. Will this just cause it to take longer to fill a tank or will it not work at all? In my searching I found some very old posts, in reference to the very 1st shoebox compressors, that led me to believe mine would work. Just wanted to know if the newer design HAS TO HAVE the 3 CFM or could I get by without having to buy a new shop compressor as well?

Amccoy,

That should work fine provided your tank is not too small. Mine is a 155 psi, 3 gallon tank and 2.6 cfm @ 90psi. It comes on about every 5 minutes due to the small volume of air in my tank and charges it in about 45 seconds. A larger tank will come on less often and a smaller one will come on more often. Less often is better for obvious reasons. I run my feed into my F10 at 125 psi. I've had no issues with mine at all... I hope this helps. :)

Good luck and enjoy!
T.J.

Amccoy,

That's a great question! When I purchased my F10 I was told that the F8 was no longer available. This was back when the F10 was first introduced. However, a few days later I seen some F8's being advertised for sale? Your best bet would be to send Tom an email and ask him directly. He has always responded to me very quickly in our conversations. If you have not seen my setup... Here it is Bud..

T.J.

Reactions: LusitanoPT
I use my friends shop compressor for my first stage pressure source. My friend restores cars and paints alot his tank must be close to 150 gals. I connect the booster pump
( shoebox) downstream of his moister filter setup. His compressor can put out 110-120 psi max down stream of his filters. He does not shoot paint at that pressure, but the shoebox fills the tank faster when your first stage source output is close to 120psi.