Show us your "TEXtreme" pistols

Well I’ll start. P-rod, 19.3 fpe. HN FTT, Hawke 3-12x Airmax. Not much shot count but enough to get thru a lane with a burner shot. Heck the ‘pistol’ we are all trying to beat is Pablo’s abridged marauder rifle.

4205CB73-ADC4-4EEC-8C8D-3BB6BCCD4805.jpeg

Man, that thing is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! Is that a moderator/air stripper out front? Lovely wood, too.
Thanks. Hatsan air stripper, but length restrictions requires it to be removed for pistol competition so its basically bling. Wood is from Germany.
Here’s a few pics of some other pistols. A Thomas thats apparently a simple grip/stock swap to get back to rifle, a Brocock Commander modified and tuned by Tenacious Airguns and a custom Ronco. No info on the Ronco brand, pretty obscure company but been around for a while now.

BCF8D14C-C83F-471A-94F1-75B09ED3B728.jpeg

F0C66C01-0DAD-4F0D-8E8E-14157573795C.jpeg

A6ED4EAE-0D02-4ED3-8978-67B989D33AC5.jpeg

Reactions: maxtrouble
Here's a much better photo of the RonCo BroCo pictured above-

BroPis carbon.jpg

Better because it doesn't include that ANCIENT, knuckle-dragging Neanderthal that butchered a perfectly good .177 Brocock Bantam Hi-Lite rifle into a pistol that shoots rings around the rifle it used to be. And no telling where the fool came up with the names RonCo and BroCo.🥴

BroCo.jpg

And TEXtreme.

This is/was the rig I used in the first ever Extreme Field Target Pistol match ever staged-

AP16 TFT.jpg

And although the Ataman AP-16 is one of my favorite air pistols EVER, in adjusting the power as close to 20 foot pounds as it goes for EFT (16.9 FP), the shot-count fell to about 20. Also, though the AP trigger action, accuracy, and firing behavior is outstanding, it is not heavy enough for good FT work.

After relegating it back to it's best application (hunting) by going back to a smaller, lighter pistol scope, backing the power off only about one foot pound almost doubled the shot count. The current (hunting) configuration weighs only 2-3/4 pounds; many FT pistols go twice that.

AP w 3X.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a much better photo of the RonCo BroCo pictured above-

View attachment 347404

Better because it doesn't include that ANCIENT, knuckle-dragging Neanderthal that butchered a perfectly good .177 Brocock Bantam Hi-Lite rifle into a pistol that shoots rings around the rifle it used to be. And no telling where the fool came up with the names RonCo and BroCo.🥴

View attachment 347405

And TEXtreme.
@AirNGasman In my head I keep hearing a rodeo announcer saying, “That boy Ronco Broco from Ran-Chee-Toe Robinson…” Lol. It almost sounds like a rodeo name.

@AirNGasman In my head I keep hearing a rodeo announcer saying, “That boy Ronco Broco from Ran-Chee-Toe Robinson…” Lol. It almost sounds like a rodeo name.

Ran-Chee-Toe Robinson…” Lol. It almost sounds like a rodeo name.

It's Tex-Mex for 'Heaven On Earth'.🥰

FYI, Tex-Mex is the official language of The Republic Of Texas. All Texas rodeo announcers speak it FLUENTLY!😂

I'll be darned -- a Thompson Center Lobo handgun scope. I had not thought of these in decades!

You're dating yourself Bill.😂

I'm a big believer/fan of Japanese- made scopes (and almost anything else). The 3X Lobo is a good combination of magnification, light weight, simplicity, CLEAR optics, and small(ish) size. And though I don't care for the rail mount, largely because the crosshairs of such scopes often appear mis-aligned to me, it's easy to rotate the crosshairs on the 3X Lobo. I also like the looks of it.

• Haha
Reactions: Billinoregon
If you want a fun book that’s a collection of extreme pistols see if Ron still has it available.
Warning though, it will probably put you in need of at least one extreme pistol.
If I remember correctly you get a free pistol when you order a book!

View attachment 348205

You have the EXTREMELY COLLECTABLE (😂) first edition of Awesome Air Pistols, Dave. I guarantee your great-great-great-great grand-children will be able to sell that book for enough they can (all) retire! If not, like all my books, just return it for FULL REFUND of the purchase price! 🤣

The first edition is no longer available, however the second (edited/corrected) edition IS available on Amazon; but can be found ONLY by searching for Awesome Air Pistols in the BOOK section. I don't know why that is. One of those mysteries of technology; like them fancy little flip-phones that can take pictures!:unsure:

Second edition-

AAP new cover small.jpg