Western Airguns Sidewinder accuracy...

MACTEN

Nov 18, 2020
IA
I had no idea how accurate this .25 full size Sidewinder was until last Sunday. Not a long post but I think the Sidewinder might even be good enough for competition (not with me as I'm a lousy shot at the moment) 33.95 .25's were almost pellet in pellet from a solid bench with no wind and a shaky caffeine fueled and rusty shooter with a cheap bi-pod. I am actually shocked how accurate it was. Then a better shooter started basically doing the same at a 100 yard target with it. Still haven't found a slug that does this and their might not be a .25 slug that this thing can shoot well but the JSB 33.95's were on the money for sure at 940 fps out to 100.
IMG_2907.jpg

Last edited:
We know what the gun looks like, show the groupings :giggle: :unsure:

My Sidewinder .25 has gave excellent hunting shots at long distance.

It is really reliable.
I was there to sight in a taipan vet II and only brought it along to do some fun stuff and that's why it surprised me. What's the caliber and distance you've gone?

I think that my Vulcan 3 700 mm is more accurate and controlable than my Sidewinder .30 Cal.

But for coyote hunting where a follow up shot is really useful, the Sidewinder is the natural choice.
There was a guy I met there with Vulcan 3 .25 there shooting eggs at 200 yards. I left my Vulcan 3 .30 at home and now I'm thinking of taking it next time.

Last edited:
I don't have a Sidewinder but its evil redheaded half cousin, the SK-19 in .25 caliber and I LOVE this little beast. EXTREMELY accurate over distance with both slugs and pellets. This 10 shot group was 100 yrds using NSA 34gr DBHP, on a very calm afternoonView attachment 489138
10 shots @ 100 yards? That is some damn good shooting!

Reactions: MACTEN
I don't have a Sidewinder but its evil redheaded half cousin, the SK-19 in .25 caliber and I LOVE this little beast. EXTREMELY accurate over distance with both slugs and pellets. This 10 shot group was 100 yrds using NSA 34gr DBHP, on a very calm afternoonView attachment 489138
WoW..Amazing....I think the Rattler is the next most accurate air rifles out there...Thats some fine shooting.......

Reactions: Arkansas_Airgunner