Sightron S6 10-60x56

It's here!

How will it perform at 16X ?
How will it compare to my Athlon's, Elements, Nightforce and other Sightrons... ?
i mounted one of these this morning on my primary HFT rig. i am hoping to set up the ranging wheel this long labor day weekend and put it through its paces.
Stay tuned....

IMG_8108.jpeg

Last edited:
Got mine today as well, but mine's MOA.

I needed a scope for a new(ish) gun anyway, so even if it's no better than my other scopes it'll stay there.

Probably won't get it all set up this weekend, so hoping cavedweller doesn't rain on my parade before it even gets started.
2 clicks up and 2 clicks left and I was zeroed in. Super clear glass and focused at 9 yards crisply. I’m loving the oversized turrets. Crispy clicks. I would like more tick or hash marks on the reticle.

2 clicks up and 2 clicks left and I was zeroed in. Super clear glass and focused at 9 yards crisply. I’m loving the oversized turrets. Crispy clicks. I would like more tick or hash marks on the reticle.
Well my wheels not completely setup yet but still fascinating stuff. Very very repeatable and from 8.5 yards to 40 yards it snaps in pretty clearly.
Look at how the numbers spread out across the wheel 40-55 is crazy spread.
IMG_8111.jpeg
IMG_8113.jpeg
IMG_8115.jpeg
IMG_8116.jpeg

Had a chance to view one last weekend. yea 34mm tube, yea 60x upper end .... NAY to being impressed, viewing eye box as super critical and clarity so so at best. Big features no doubt, fulfilling said attributes were lacking IMO.
Bottom line is: how well can I focus 40-55 at 16X? The 9-40 range are mucho crisp even in dark conditions as I intentionally set this up at sunset on cloudy day on purpose.
But money and honey are 40-55 when HFT game is stuck at 16X.
So far the element titan 3-18x50 w 34 mm tube has the best spread on wheel but it’s focus is mushy to my 68 year old eyes; meaning I really have to work it, or perhaps practice more with it. The Athlon Heras SPR 6-24x56 w 30 mm tube is clear and concise to 35 yards but then I have to strain to find repeatable focal points there out. Cataracts?
For $750 I don’t know which I’d pick?
Titan or Athlon Heras SPR?
I won’t kiss and tell my acquisition price, but I got my new Sightron S6 for way way way cheaper than retail; so far it’s Definitely an improvement even over my $3K March FT scope or my 3K Kahles scope, or my $2500 Nightforce nx8, at least when considering HFT limitations🫤.
Not sure why Sightron doesn’t provide more holdover marks on the reticle? Seems stingy 🙄 and thinking wftf players paid them off😜to repress HFT perfection 😜
Reticle thickness is perfect and Illumination is clear, crisp and appropriately bright!
Was surprised mag wheel attachment ring only used one grub to secure it on the parallax knob. 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: JEFFPPC
Had a chance to view one last weekend. yea 34mm tube, yea 60x upper end .... NAY to being impressed, viewing eye box as super critical and clarity so so at best. Big features no doubt, fulfilling said attributes were lacking IMO.
I believe the laws of optics dictate that highly accurate ranging / shallow depth of field require a fairly tight eyebox also.

Reactions: cavedweller
I believe the laws of optics dictate that highly accurate ranging / shallow depth of field require a fairly tight eyebox also.
This afternoon, 8/31, i will finish ranging wheel setup between the 40-60 yard boxes. Once done with wheel set up i'm going to start playing with magnification levels to see what happens at same ranging distances while using higher powers? Maybe i have to shoot open or unlimited?

Last edited:
Bottom line is: how well can I focus 40-55 at 16X? The 9-40 range are mucho crisp even in dark conditions as I intentionally set this up at sunset on cloudy day on purpose.
But money and honey are 40-55 when HFT game is stuck at 16X.
So far the element titan 3-18x50 w 34 mm tube has the best spread on wheel but it’s focus is mushy to my 68 year old eyes; meaning I really have to work it, or perhaps practice more with it. The Athlon Heras SPR 6-24x56 w 30 mm tube is clear and concise to 35 yards but then I have to strain to find repeatable focal points there out. Cataracts?
For $750 I don’t know which I’d pick?
Titan or Athlon Heras SPR?
I won’t kiss and tell my acquisition price, but I got my new Sightron S6 for way way way cheaper than retail; so far it’s Definitely an improvement even over my $3K March FT scope or my 3K Kahles scope, at least when considering HFT limitations🫤.
Not sure why Sightron doesn’t provide more holdover marks on the reticle? Seems stingy 🙄 and thinking wftf players paid them off😜to repress HFT perfection 😜
Reticle thickness is perfect and Illumination is clear, crisp and appropriately bright!
Was surprised mag wheel attachment ring only used one grub to secure it on the parallax knob. 🤔
Labor day cometh... and toil i will!

I ended up putting the new Sightron S6 SS ED 10-60x56 on top of my Redwolf Safari. I chose my Redwolf because i currently shoot it better, as i don't have enough trigger time with the new to me Qball Motorhead Thomas, which i consider my most accurate gun.

I used Burris Pic low mount rings to slam that scope as low as i could because my Wolf has a 20 MOA rail on it already - which it definitely needs because of my Rowan SSL flip out loader. My measured C of B to C of S was 2.5".

My initial impression of the scope is absolutely WOW. Huge improvement in clarity and visual field over Sightron's previous FT scope.

Everything internal that moves with external knobs is very stiff at this point - it's new and we are just getting the parts and grease moving. Initial setup was easier than any scope to date, but I've done this like 50+ times now, so practice makes perfect... i should shoot as much as i tinker and i might be a competitor.

The MH-FT Reticle is obviously meant for the clickers... for us HFT folks this means it lacks enough ticks /hash markings on the reticle to help with dicey detailed holdover points... maybe i need to shoot open or unlimited? Dunno... never tried clicking or WFTF. Maybe time to learn.

IMG_8123.jpeg

Illumination is crystal perfect and a huge plus. Initial Zero was at 30 yards to start the process and it took two clicks up and two clicks left and shazam.

Day one: i intentionally set up my initial wheel markings on the sightron oem parallax wheel, end of day, on a dark cloudy course...

i call these initial markings my rough in numbers ..
Day two i come back and recheck those initial marks to validate my ranging wheels initial markings and my tired eyeballs (yep our eyes can change).

The parallax wheel was absolutely spot on from 8.5 to 35/40 ish......so out to 40 yards ranging repeatability is perfection.

But like all scopes, i've tried to date, including: March FT, Nightforce NX8, when limited to 16X for HFT 40 - 55 is problematic. how so?

I had to completely redo the marks from 40 - 55 yards (they spread out even further) i believe that lighting was a big contributor to this. Since i've posted pictures of the initial markings I'll post another this weekend of the new 40-60 distance markings on the wheel - as i'm rechecking my wheel and dope today.

Here's what the initial dope looks like - try to compare my holdover points to the reticle and you'll understand more.

IMG_8122.jpeg

IMG_8130.jpeg
IMG_8128.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the S6 model 66007 review so far. I love that lighted reticle. My 5-35x60 S6 has only the center dot lit and had difficulty with it this weekend on the darker targets in the shadow lanes. Using holdover was very hard for me to see where I was on the target. It seems to me that even my center dot doesn't illuminate as well as some scopes I have. My old Slll with the Hector illuminated reticle (Xtree) is still my favorite reticle. That scope must be at least 10 years old now and it still works great. Looking forward to your thoughts on how well it rangefinds for 40 to 55 yards. When it gets hot out my S6 marks seem to stretch out over 50 yards from where they were scribed on my comma in cooler temperatures. Quite significantly?

My latest Athlon ETR UHD 15-60 X56 maybe even worst in the shadows with the very ultra thin reticle. :rolleyes:

Labor day cometh... and toil i will!

I ended up putting the new Sightron S6 SS ED 10-60x56 on top of my Redwolf Safari. I chose my Redwolf because i currently shoot it better, as i don't have enough trigger time with the new to me Qball Motorhead Thomas, which i consider my most accurate gun.

I used Burris Pic low mount rings to slam that scope as low as i could because my Wolf has a 20 MOA rail on it already - which it definitely needs because of my Rowan SSL flip out loader. My measured C of B to C of S was 2.5".

My initial impression of the scope is absolutely WOW. Huge improvement in clarity and visual field over Sightron's previous FT scope.

Everything internal that moves with external knobs is very stiff at this point - it's new and we are just getting the parts and grease moving. Initial setup was easier than any scope to date, but I've done this like 50+ times now, so practice makes perfect... i should shoot as much as i tinker and i might be a competitor.

The MH-FT Reticle is obviously meant for the clickers... for us HFT folks this means it lacks enough ticks /hash markings on the reticle to help with dicey detailed holdover points... maybe i need to shoot unlimited? Dunno... never tried clicking or WFTF. Maybe time to learn.

View attachment 492867

Illumination is crystal perfect and a huge plus. Initial Zero was at 30 yards to start the process and it took two clicks up and two clicks left and shazam.

Day one: i intentionally set up my initial wheel markings on the sightron oem parallax wheel, end of day, on a dark cloudy course...

i call these initial markings my rough in numbers ..

Day two i come back and recheck those initial marks to validate my ranging wheels initial markings and my tired eyeballs (yep our eyes can change).

The parallax wheel was absolutely spot on from 8.5 to 35/40 ish......so out to 40 yards ranging repeatability is perfection.

But like all scopes, i've tried to date, including: March FT, Nightforce NX8, when limited to 16X for HFT 40 - 55 is problematic. how so?

I had to completely redo the marks from 40 - 55 yards (they spread out even further) i believe that lighting was a big contributor to this. Since i've posted pictures of the initial markings I'll post another this weekend of the new 40-60 distance markings on the wheel - as i'm rechecking my wheel and dope today.

Here's what the initial dope looks like - try to compare my holdover points to the reticle and you'll understand more.

View attachment 492866
9/1/2024. Time to add info:

The good first. If you bump magnification up to 30X or more you can differentiate by the 1/2 yard from 35 yards out. At 53 yards we could differentiate by the 1/2 yard.
Thus, this scope, for WFTF, will rock some boats. Great for any class that allows you to adjust the scope during competition like open or unlimited.

I don’t think you can get a better, more accurate, crisp image 30 yards in to 9 yards, from any other scope. My close in 3/8” tiny targets went down very easily.

Now for the bad:

if you shoot AAFTA HFT class you WILL struggle to get a snappy crisp focus past 35 yards on 16 X. Oh well. The picture will still be clear but distinguishing by the yard will be just as troublesome as with any other scope at 16x. I’m still experimenting with it. This scope is tight and has almost no lash / slop.

I knocked down at least 75 targets today in quick succession using my Redwolf while parking on my bucket with sticks and I did 10 standers at 22 yards easily.

I had no trouble with my holdovers either, so the MH-FT reticle will work if you’re paying attention; and it’s illumination is very nice.

Please Remember I’m on my home turf which means I also have general distance information already in my head.

For basic HFT shooters wanting the best bang for their buck, currently I’d stick with the new Athlon Heras SPR First Focal plane or the Element Titan 3-18X50 FFP both in mrad as they are easily $1000. less than the Sightron.

But if you have ANY plans to shoot EFT, Open Class or WFTF or Bench this new offering by Sightron is going to be money well spent!

Excuse me now as I’m going to start practicing getting up and down off a bumm bag 🙄