Since I see some posts about prejudices I thought I

would bring up BBguns and tuning; I have put aside my Pellet guns for a while while I taking a trip into the past and the future,I have been shooting some old and new BB rifles, Like the Daisey 25,99 and 499 Target model,it is a fun break, also I have ordered some "hop up parts" I going to push the limits by installing stronger springs and plunger kits....I have the 99 shooting better now and the 499 is accurate...I am shooting 10yds.. Fun,and fast,. I wonder if anyone else has installed these "hop-up" parts and if anyone else enjoying just plinking with your BB guns? Remember it is all relevant(y)

That's cool. I'd like to see the numbers that you get after the mods.

I run all of my BB guns in stock form, but then they're pumpers. I spend more time with the old Crosman 760 than anything else because it's fun!

It does tickle me a bit to see how people can be about the things that they've spent a whole lot of money on.

Cheers,

J~

I have been a big fan of restoration and shooting of bb guns for years. Have a large collection of Markham King and Daisy bb guns and several others brands. They are great fun, and in many ways how this incredible hobby got its start. Everyone wants more power, bigger caliber etc. But as I remember in my childhood, how much fun I had with my 25 and the amount of small critters were taken with the lowly bb gun.

Here are just a few in my collection.

Last edited:
I have been a big fan of restoration and shooting of bb guns for years. Have a large collection of Markham King and Daisy bb guns and several others brands. They are great fun, and in many ways how this incredible hobby got its start. Everyone wants more power, bigger caliber etc. But as I remember in my childhood, how much fun I had with my 25 and the amount of small critters were taken with the lowly bb gun.

Awesome collection! be careful not to put your eye out.

Single shot rifle and a one eye dog. Cause the dummy shot the dogs eye out.😁😂🤣

Reactions: Septicdeath
This is something that has intrigued me for awhile now, since BB’s are arguably the cheapest projectiles out there, (aside from maybe rocks and gel), and are also remarkably easy to feed.

What I’d really like to see is a super accurate, (by BB gun standards), multi-shot that weighs 5 lbs or less and shoots 400 fps or more, preferably with traditional styling.

If Barra could take their 400e and make it look like a Daisy 499 with a 500 round internal magazine, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Bandito
This is something that has intrigued me for awhile now, since BB’s are arguably the cheapest projectiles out there, (aside from maybe rocks and gel), and are also remarkably easy to feed.

What I’d really like to see is a super accurate, (by BB gun standards), multi-shot that weighs 5 lbs or less and shoots 400 fps or more, preferably with traditional styling.

If Barra could take their 400e and make it look like a Daisy 499 with a 500 round internal magazine, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.
I have a soft spot for BB guns myself…always had a pocket full of bbs as a kid tromping around the farm hunting everything that moved… with two families there and 5 boys, everything was pretty jumpy! Very few windows were harmed however.

I distinctly remember the high crime and punishment for getting “pocket bbs” in mom’s washer though….a crime I was consistently guilty of. Those little projectiles would plug the drain holes perfectly, and were very difficult to remove…

I have my "hop-up parts" in-house.I have learned quite a bit in the last week about the different models of Daiseys'.
I will also need to make a larger and longer stock for them..Getting the new higher-power kit in the tube is a small challenge. I am not going to chronograph the results, you can find them on Utube, plus a lot of fun information I think it is from 60 to 80 fps faster.
This is a nice break from pellet guns.
Truthfully I hop up about anything, from Fishing reels to airguns to cars and motorcycles. As I get older smaller things are better suited for me. One other thing I admit to is "Springs" They hate me, as soon as they see me they jump away and hide:(

I have my "hop-up parts" in-house.I have learned quite a bit in the last week about the different models of Daiseys'.
I will also need to make a larger and longer stock for them..Getting the new higher-power kit in the tube is a small challenge. I am not going to chronograph the results, you can find them on Utube, plus a lot of fun information I think it is from 60 to 80 fps faster.
This is a nice break from pellet guns.
Truthfully I hop up about anything, from Fishing reels to airguns to cars and motorcycles. As I get older smaller things are better suited for me. One other thing I admit to is "Springs" They hate me, as soon as they see me they jump away and hide:(
"Hop up" might be the wrong term to use as it has a specific meaning when referring to airsoft BB guns. Hop-up refers to devices that impart a backspin on BB's and thus increase their maximum range.

I figured out what you meant, but initially I was thinking you were installing an airsoft style hop-up on a BB gun. I've always been a little dubious about them myself, as while it will undoubtedly flatten the trajectory it also seems to me that adding additional spin will make for worse accuracy.

That's interesting. There may be studies on the Magnus effect and accuracy out there, but I haven't seen one. I imagine that the Dept of Defense had something done. They used the effect with the Wallis bombs.

Still loving my BB guns...

Cheers,

J~