Sizing Die for Pellets

This is one i have purchased, but was informed later that a resized pellet doesn't perform as well, so i stopped doing it.

My best pellet sizer is the choke in the barrel. That being said, pellet selection does make a difference. My choked barrels are less pellet picky. They are also a little slower than non choked versions. Baker Airguns sells some nice pellet gauges.
1724862461835.png

I agree with bigHUN, the TRobb sizer works well enough for my needs.
The trick is to NOT try to resize a large pellet to a smaller one, it will only put a flat point on the pellet head, making it deformed and won't shoot well. It WILL resize well is you don't use a lot of pressure on the push rod, just a mild push will make most pellets round, both head and skirt. Although the head will have a very small flat spot in the center.
As bigHUN pointed out, they are conical in shape so the skirt is always sized larger than the head. It is adjustable and you may go through a few pellets to get the correct size using your PelletGage to verify.
Overall, it's an okay tool to use although a little slow. I simply size enough for a days shooting each time so I don't use up a lot of time at once, but over time.

mike