Skout Airguns Feature Friday - Barrel Options

Awesome!!
Guess i'll have to wait til Monday to bug Darryl
is that barrel really 8 lbs??
Is it possible for you guys to do a comparison between the LW bull and the Sub MOA ay 100yrds
Keep trekking on Skout ... love the companies progression
Mike
Yes it is heavy! Solid steel, almost 1” diameter and 28” long! We will be making some shooting Videos soon where you’ll see the accuracy/versatility of the differing options

I don’t have a ton of experience with pcp’s, can’t really claim I’m brand new to them either though, I have had a megalodon for about 2 1/2 months. I was pleasantly surprised by the rifles power. I’ve actually enjoyed it so much I’m thinking of adding another rifle and you just caught my attention with that bull barrel. However, do you guys make any airguns that do not have a battery and some kind of electronics inside them? At a minimum nothing electronic associated with the trigger or valves that makes the rifle send a slug or pellet? Personally I’m not a fan of anything electronic beyond something like a reflex sight being involved in an air rifle. I have no doubt that an electronic trigger is probably one of the sweetest triggers in existence, my issue though is concerning reliability of any electronic systems incorporated into the rifle. Unless the circuitry is extremely shielded so it is protected it could be vulnerable to something like a solar emp event or something similar. That may seem far fetched to you, but it doesn’t to me, we are actually over due for exactly that based on whats known about how often we get hit with something like the Carrington Event that happened in 1863. That being stated, I have no idea about the specs of any of the airguns you guys make. i watch a YouTube channel and the guy making the content has a Skout in 30 caliber and that thing is a tack driver for sure. I was actually blown away by the groups he was shooting. Obviously you guys produce excellent quality airguns. Perhaps there is shielding built in to the electronics that would protect the circuits. Maybe you know something about that , if so I would appreciate you sharing that info if it exists.

signed,
hopefully a future customer.

All of the Skout air rifles have an electronic trigger and solenoid. They are as robust and waterproof as any other electronic device. They may not be impervious to an EMP, but they are as reliable as the cars we trust our lives to every day.
There are a lot of purely mechanical air rifles that may be a better fit for your concerns, but the Skout is as good as (or better than) anything produced today in terms of build quality, reliability and most importantly accuracy.

In the end, please share with us what direction you choose and welcome aboard!

For your question on duarability
Skout started back in the late 1990's in paintball
Their electronics have been torture tested in that field which handles their equipment much harsher than we hadle our rifles
Paintballers are shooting 100x more paintballs than the average airgunner shoots pellets or slugs
you can see in the video..around the 3:30 min mark ..how rough their guns are being handled and still performing.

As for EMP ...probably not ..who shields for that?...ya..solar storm in 2025. will worry when it happens. If it is that big..my rifle will be my least worry.
edit ..just checked..on Amazon, you can purchase Faraday kits to store electronics

Last edited:
Their electronics have been torture tested in that field which handles their equipment much harsher than we hadle our rifles
Paintballers are shooting 100x more paintballs than the average airgunner shoots pellets or slugs
you can see in the video..around the 3:30 min mark ..how rough their guns are being handled and still performing.

As for EMP ...probably not ..who shields for that?...ya..solar storm in 2025. will worry when it happens. If it is that big..my rifle will be my least worry.
edit ..just checked..on Amazon, you can purchase Faraday kits to store electronics

I have zero doubt that Skout isn’t top notch, I have watched someone reviewing an optic using one in 30 caliber and they are impressive pieces of tech. He demonstrated his trigger, very impressive. I will watch the content from YouTube as well. It’s possible the circuitry is shielded, you specifically mentioned torture testing so it must be to at least some degree. I’m all about a rifle like the couple I’ve seen being used. I am very concerned about the solar thing though, you should check out whatever info you can find on the current state of our magnetic field. Hints have already been given to everyone that is aware of the recent auroras that were visable so far to the south that there is a problem. We are in jeopardy and the risk increases as time passes and the day will arrive where a very small solar event can cause damage to anything vulnerable On the surface,our Field is weakening and it decline is accelerating. There are many more symptoms I could site, I won’t bother you with details. If you are interested there are sites where the information is easily obtained. If you are a main stream media person you won’t ever hear how vulnerable we are becoming. You have to find relevant info Online. Suspicious Observers channel on youtube is a place where the content covers what is happening to our protection from our star. This isn’t b.s. or bunk, it is real and happening, it is something you can prepare for.
You ask “who shields for that? Probably many more tech items than you would think are shielded to some degree. In a very large event anything on the surface under an extremely weakened magnetic field is toast. The fairaday thing is going to melt and whatever it was made of has now become very hot and on your stuff. Structures connected to the main power grid will be at risk of igniting. If you don’t think something like that is possible , look up the carrington event and look at what happened to just a telegraph system with a few miles of hanging wire. We had our full magnetic shield then, the next one will be with a very weakened field, it won’t even need to be big event. This is something everyone should be made aware of but it won’t happen. Take this info for what you feel it’s worth. I attempted to be brief. If we lose our grid at some point , I’m thinking you’re going to want your rifle to work, even the ones that use air, or maybe that’s just me. Thank you for your reply also.

All of the Skout air rifles have an electronic trigger and solenoid. They are as robust and waterproof as any other electronic device. They may not be impervious to an EMP, but they are as reliable as the cars we trust our lives to every day.
There are a lot of purely mechanical air rifles that may be a better fit for your concerns, but the Skout is as good as (or better than) anything produced today in terms of build quality, reliability and most importantly accuracy.

In the end, please share with us what direction you choose and welcome aboard!
Just the encasement of the electronics can and will provide shielding, many things electronic are unintentionally shielded well. i Would love to have something with a trigger like ive seen on a Skout as well as no hammer falling. The set up is very impressive, they also have a look I just like. I’m considering my options. Thank you for replying. I have seen nothing so far I like better and the barrels in the original post are something I also like.