Skout Airguns Feature Friday

I like your airguns, they appear to be an excellent product, similar to Daystate with the electronic process. Regarding the release trigger, that could perhaps be seen as a binary trigger (?), which are banned in my state, a state that also considers airguns in .22 and above as firearms. But more importantly for me, my health is such that I might forget having it so programmed, so I simply don't want it, not even if it was on the EPROM and the little switch wasn't thrown (assuming you use EPROMs in your circuitry).

I looked at your airguns, your current models are too heavy for me, I'd like something in a carbine, something light. I prefer something I can walk around with and shoulder, not a bench shooter. As for barrel indexing, I imagine for a bench shooter it's a huge bonus, it appears you're on the leading edge there.

I'd thought about getting a Daystate Alpha Wolf, that was before seeing your airguns, or a Rattler. But they don't appear to be most suitable for shouldering. The biggest problem for airgun customers is the lack of handling these airguns in a store, and if they're sold in a store there's nothing near me, there's a place in Wisconsin about 150 miles with some high end stuff, that's about it. And I went to a small local gunshop and asked if they had any high power airguns, the guy said, "Why would anyone want those?" I just walked out.

I think the future of airguns (particularly PCP) is extraordinary provided - the reliability and ease of maintenance of airguns and compressors, this even more than cost. There's so many airgun brands using Chinese components of questionable quality, components made in perhaps one or two regions if not one or two buildings in China, so they're really just mushroom brands not actual airgun manufacturers. That can be improved. Also, more states (like mine) need to set standards to allow airguns for hunting.
That's my biggiest issue here in OK. No one sells Airguns beside the cheaper gamo springers. I like to hold a gun before buying one and taking someone's opinion or info for how it worked them is still lacking because that is them-lol. It would be great if you could try before you buy like black widow bows does. Sure you pay full price and get a week to try out and send back. If you like it they apply that money towards your own bow or refund your money. I would do it just like I did with the widow bows so I could decide for me. I'm not made of money and can't afford a 2,000 or so mistake that even though the gun is great it's just not for me. I can't afford to take hickeys on guns I buy and have to sell because of fit issues.

That's my biggiest issue here in OK. No one sells Airguns beside the cheaper gamo springers. I like to hold a gun before buying one and taking someone's opinion or info for how it worked them is still lacking because that is them-lol. It would be great if you could try before you buy like black widow bows does. Sure you pay full price and get a week to try out and send back. If you like it they apply that money towards your own bow or refund your money. I would do it just like I did with the widow bows so I could decide for me. I'm not made of money and can't afford a 2,000 or so mistake that even though the gun is great it's just not for me. I can't afford to take hickeys on guns I buy and have to sell because of fit issues.
True statements that should be considered by the manufacturers and dealers.

I am in the Largest state in the USA, with more guns per household than any other, and I'll be damned if there is a "real" air gun store to be found...

I am like you, tired of taking a minimum 25% beat down when selling a gun that I could not try before buying....

True statements that should be considered by the manufacturers and dealers.

I am in the Largest state in the USA, with more guns per household than any other, and I'll be damned if there is a "real" air gun store to be found...

I am like you, tired of taking a minimum 25% beat down when selling a gun that I could not try before buying....
I know it would be a hassle for them with up keep on the gun but say they keep $50 dollars of the "rental" for that said upkeep. The customer is already paying shipping both ways. I would rather spend 100-150 to see if it's for me. I don't have anyone around me that hunts with Airguns so I can't try theirs.

I know it would be a hassle for them with up keep on the gun but say they keep $50 dollars of the "rental" for that said upkeep. The customer is already paying shipping both ways. I would rather spend 100-150 to see if it's for me. I don't have anyone around me that hunts with Airguns so I can't try theirs.
This is a good idea and a 3rd party already tried this in paintball for high end guns. The shipping costs destroyed the value of the service. It didn't last long. I shipped an air gun from Florida to California. I think it was around $70 with insurance and signature confirmation. Boom! There went my profit.

This is a good idea and a 3rd party already tried this in paintball for high end guns. The shipping costs destroyed the value of the service. It didn't last long. I shipped an air gun from Florida to California. I think it was around $70 with insurance and signature confirmation. Boom! There went my profit.
The customer should pay the shipping and insurance. I'd rather spend 200 than 2800 and not like it. If you going to balk at 200 to try it out then you probably shouldn't buy a 2800 air gun

Reactions: Dairyboy