Skout Airguns Feature Friday

Its magic oh oh lol no big deal just keeping it real Skout airguns is taking over the world finaly a gun that has everything
Hmm I know some wing shooters that develop a flinch at the moment of the shot use this but that is the only discipline I’ve heard of it. Doesn’t seem useful to me unless you want to wreck yourself for every other gun on the planet.

Hmm I know some wing shooters that develop a flinch at the moment of the shot use this but that is the only discipline I’ve heard of it. Doesn’t seem useful to me unless you want to wreck yourself for every other gun on the planet.
Its all in good fun i would never spend that kind of money anyway i build and customize own lol

Reactions: Trucker3573
I most certainly wouldn't purchase an airgun with such a feature, because it's just one more thing to go wrong, and when it goes wrong - disaster. I mean, how many people expect an airgun to operate in such a manner? To offer such a feature as a distinct custom addition, fine, but to incorporate it into a standard model, I'd not buy it.
There is literally nothing to “go wrong” with the index system, it has zero complexity.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I most certainly wouldn't purchase an airgun with such a feature, because it's just one more thing to go wrong, and when it goes wrong - disaster. I mean, how many people expect an airgun to operate in such a manner? To offer such a feature as a distinct custom addition, fine, but to incorporate it into a standard model, I'd not buy it.
We feel you - sometimes too many options can create havoc. We will be offering SUB Moa Bull Barrels as well, which don't need indexing due to their manufacturing process. We also still have stock of the old style barrel chambers that do not index and would be happy to use that if someone wouldn't want this feature!

We feel you - sometimes too many options can create havoc. We will be offering SUB Moa Bull Barrels as well, which don't need indexing due to their manufacturing process. We also still have stock of the old style barrel chambers that do not index and would be happy to use that if someone wouldn't want this feature!
I don't own a Skout yet but will either get the evo or a more hunting design if you guys make one in the future. I appreciate your companies hard work and dedication to make a better product based on actual user input. Having the options to pick and choose barrels, trigger operation is great. Some people have blinders on and refuse to see any other way but brand x or y. The release trigger is awesome for bench not hunting. I look forward to getting one your rifles sometime.

I like your airguns, they appear to be an excellent product, similar to Daystate with the electronic process. Regarding the release trigger, that could perhaps be seen as a binary trigger (?), which are banned in my state, a state that also considers airguns in .22 and above as firearms. But more importantly for me, my health is such that I might forget having it so programmed, so I simply don't want it, not even if it was on the EPROM and the little switch wasn't thrown (assuming you use EPROMs in your circuitry).

I looked at your airguns, your current models are too heavy for me, I'd like something in a carbine, something light. I prefer something I can walk around with and shoulder, not a bench shooter. As for barrel indexing, I imagine for a bench shooter it's a huge bonus, it appears you're on the leading edge there.

I'd thought about getting a Daystate Alpha Wolf, that was before seeing your airguns, or a Rattler. But they don't appear to be most suitable for shouldering. The biggest problem for airgun customers is the lack of handling these airguns in a store, and if they're sold in a store there's nothing near me, there's a place in Wisconsin about 150 miles with some high end stuff, that's about it. And I went to a small local gunshop and asked if they had any high power airguns, the guy said, "Why would anyone want those?" I just walked out.

I think the future of airguns (particularly PCP) is extraordinary provided - the reliability and ease of maintenance of airguns and compressors, this even more than cost. There's so many airgun brands using Chinese components of questionable quality, components made in perhaps one or two regions if not one or two buildings in China, so they're really just mushroom brands not actual airgun manufacturers. That can be improved. Also, more states (like mine) need to set standards to allow airguns for hunting.