Skout EPOCH Update - Dec 16th 2022

As a hunter my very first education by my father, uncles, brothers and cousins was to tonight at people.

As a consequence I have never play with paintballs.

The lenguaje for me is absolutely unknown.
Here I give you a quick layman's explanation of a spool valve, with animation. If you have about 5 minutes then go check it out. Sorry for the bad audio quality, it was filmed near a busy road ... lol

Reactions: Emu and Bernie7
Here I give you a quick layman's explanation of a spool valve, with animation. If you have about 5 minutes then go check it out. Sorry for the bad audio quality, it was filmed near a busy road ... lol

While that’s interesting I like to see it push 30-40 grain slugs at 900-1000 fps. Also the number of oring is dizzying, and people complain about number of orings on the impact. It certainly has the potential of rapid firing but traditional paint balls are 0.68 cal and 50 grain at 300fps……a little different than .22 cal 40 grain at 1000fps.

Truth is in the putting, let’s see it shoot one of these days.

Well, you gotta understand: in a spool valve there are multiple dynamic orings (that move with the bolt) as well as static orings (that don't move).

I wonder about how that Skout comes apart, but if it is anything like a paintball marker - I've disassembled entire spool valve bolt engines in the pits at tournaments, put them all back together complete with field grit, and they've worked fine for the next point. Not sure the number of Orings is something to really worry too much about. Also, since it's an American company, they probably use standard SAE rings, unlike my beloved FXs that use tons of weird ass metric oring sizes that are so hard to find it's almost as if they were proprietary!

Skout has a few videos of Ryan Moorehead, a pro paintball player that I've battled many times, shooting the Epoch. It pushes mad heavy slugs at high af speeds. Go check those videos out when ya get a chance.

I've been posting my own airgun innovations online for about twenty years. Tell me about what you've done? Talking about other people's inventions? What have you made/done?
Boys, boys! If we are all truly interested in airgun innovations - well then shouldn't we all be excited for the first spool valve air rifle? C'mon now!

Once I get mine I will put an honest review up. Not to toot my own horn too hard, but within the airgun community I am probably the single most qualified guy to mess with a spool valve, given my almost 3 decades of tournament paintball experience and using spoolies for 20 years. If you've seen my other reviews - I keep it honest. My hopes are really high for the Skout and I really do believe in this tech and in Billy's company.

Happy New Years to the both of ya!

I'll ask you again, the obvious diverting of conversation aside.

What have you invented, made or constructed yourself? Show me your qualifications to comment on things because you can invent/make things. Your snide comments aside, (that's only skill with language and doesn't mean you have a whiff of qualification to judge mechanical things), show us what you've done other than talk about other peoples designs :p
YES, I AGREE. ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE INVENTED.....THINGS THAT ARE NOT MENTIONED HERE AT ALL.....HAVE WORTHY OPINIONS

That is why I of course take my Ford right to the engineers who designed it for maintenance rather than some lowly service technicians that have never invented anything before. No doubt the service techs would not be even near capable of working on my truck.

Good lord, dude....

Oh - And I'll have you know, mister, I created the Fallout semi-auto BB gun! Which revolutionized drinking beers with the homies by the shed! So there!

Enjoyable disagreement Mr. AirShootist. I had a high level certification from an auto manufacturer whose name I shall not mention a couple decades ago. In my job I often watched technicians turn brake rotors with the cast iron dust going into a container with motor oil that would soon be poured into the customer's engine. I've worked with many engineers who weren't competent to do an oil change or change spark plugs. Your respect for education/titles indicates that you are likely incompetent in my experience. Just my experience and opinion, nothing personal and I hope you and your family are healthy and happy.
Nice passive-aggressive BS post. You know nothing about my technical aptitude other than what I post online. I was a head paintball tech for many years at many fields and proshops as a younger man, if that means anything to ya. You still haven't mentioned any of your fabulous inventions yet either. Care to share for the class here, Professor Fink?

If nothing else, at least you're a pro at getting rekt in forums and you're very successful in making false equivalencies.

Reactions: grammerman
WHERE INVENTIONS?

1672550721613.png

Reactions: Glem.Chally
I invented the tensioned shroud, valve return spring tension external adjuster, barrel shroud as high pressure reservoir, reverse acting valve, etc..... All designs used by a very well know air rifle company. I also invented the semi-bullpup which brocock is using now, use linkage from the trigger to the sear group to shorten the overall length by about six inches. What have you done?
Awesome. Post patent numbers.

Edit: Golden opportunity to pwn me here if you're legit.

We're done here. Let's get back on topic. You're not bringing any value whatsoever here, Mr. Inventor with no patents.

I am absolutely qualified to review this gun and share my opinion on it. Not only am I pretty technical and have rebuilt spool valves for 20 years, I also make reviews as a consumer for..... other consumers. Imagine that!

Smart Parts / DLX / Skout are VERY experienced in making some of the best spool valve paintball guns around (for over 2 decades) and I have no doubt the Epoch will be an amazing platform and the next evolutionary step in airgun technology. If you can't deal with my opinion on the internet, then simply STFU. It would be a benefit to youl to not post your thoughts here which are of course making yourself look bad to your millions of potential investors in your amazing no-patent inventions...

Your words: " I have no doubt the Epoch will be an amazing platform and the next evolutionary step in airgun technology." Sounds pretty objective to me. How do you evaluate doubt/no doubt and amazing/not amazing and evolutionary/non evolutionary? You sound to me like a advertiser. Just my opinion.
I literally just gave you various merits of the company making them as well as my personal experience with spool valves - as well as my correct observation that the airgun industry is lagging behind the paintball industry by some years and slowly picking up paintball technology that has been around for decades. Good lord. What more do you want from me?

Just stop. You're making yourself look pretty xxxxx, bro. You need to work on your critical thinking, logic, and debate skills, Professor.

Last edited by a moderator: