Skout EPOCH Update - Dec 16th 2022

........So how 'bout that Skout, boys?!?
🤣
Do you think this valve has more power potential? efficiency?

Because honestly what I've seen about the power I haven't been blown away considering it has a 32 inch barrel. But maybe I don't know the latest. It's good power but not like WOWAWEEEWA

Not a good idea to mix yourself up in conversations that are way above your head. I'm not sure what "xxxxxx" means, but seems pretty accurate for people lacking intellectual potential and overestimate their capacity. People who cling to the popular people in their group and say "yes sir", "yes sir", no matter what the popular people say. Look up the definition of sycophant.
I'll be fine, you're gonna have a rough time if you're always so thin skinned and up tight. PS I don't know the other guy at all he's relatively new here I think. Just happen to agree with him.

Reactions: ChRiSiS
Mr. Grammerman, either quit being a jerk or go away, please.

Since you created your profile exactly 2 weeks ago, 90% of your posts have been instigating and generally inflammatory. Take out the $hit-stirring, and you're bringing little to nothing to the conversation. Collectively I think "we" like to see new people on here, jumping in the discussion and making meaningful contributions, but that has yet to be the case with you.

Don't be a jerk and keep the discussion and your comments to airguns, and you'll fit along just fine. Keep acting like you have been, and the mods will close out your account, it's been done before and I'm sure it'll be done again.

And I'm sure you'll reply with a bunch of insults. Feel free, you'll just be proving my point.

Now, it's New Years and I won't say I haven't imbibed a bit (a lot) here, but Glem to answer your question, probably with spelling errors, a spool valve works via a dynamic "toob" (speaking in inventor speak, you probably wouldn't understand since you've never invented anything..) that rides another "toob" which seals off a dump (volume) chamber. At a certain point in the "toob's" travel (in paintball this would be the bolt), "toob" driven by low pressure (60-120psi) air from a LPR (low pressure regulator,) it breaks that seal with the other "toob" which seals off the dump chamber. The dump or volume chamber can then be expended, pushing your projectile down the barrel while the tube is forward or open. It is an extremely efficient design, spare the waste air from the LPR. In paintball when spool guns first came on the scene at 150-200psi operating pressure, this was much lower than the standard poppet operating pressures of the day at around 300-1100 psi. I will say that some spools, worse if not tuned right, can be much bigger air pigs than a tuned poppet due to their ability to dump more air if you have a long dwell time, not enough lube, etc. Most spool paintball guns now operate at under 150psi, with under 100psi not unheard of.

Hopefully that kind of sort of answers your question about efficiency... and hopefully I've contributed something worthwhile here. The main tuning aspect on these guns is HPR/LPR pressure and dwell time (LPR air direction controlled electronically via solenoid)

Happy New Year again, folks!

Last edited:
^^^^^^ Well, ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a genuine troll account here.

Now, usually, I love trolling. But it's gotta be tasteful/funny... This is bait.

1672558903723.png

Do you think this valve has more power potential? efficiency?

Because honestly what I've seen about the power I haven't been blown away considering it has a 32 inch barrel. But maybe I don't know the latest. It's good power but not like WOWAWEEEWA
This has been my question. There are, in general, two ways to make more power from a free flowing system. More pressure or longer barrel. I feel the cap on max operating pressure is what is going to limit this platform in the long run. The need for the lpr is so the solenoid can control that low pressure which controls a higher pressure. A stair step system.

Where this platform will shine is in the tunability department. Ease of tuning to be precise.

Efficiency, I’m curious to see how well it does.

And @grammerman, before you jump on me to claim I’m no inventor, I have some ideas that I have built and shared (on gta), not gonna lay out tape measure here, go look it up yourself. My avatar has some of my techniques in it.

Dave

Stay tuned. Next week we'll have more real world, hands on media to share that will hopefully answer a lot of the questions being asked. If you join The Airgun Benchrest Cannel on Facebook, you'll be able to tune in to our live sessions on the 5th and 6th of January when we'll be taking the gun through it's paces and audience members will be able to pose questions live to the designers and have them answered in real time.
Joe, Please provide a link to the FB Group. Happy New Year!

^^^^^^ Well, ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a genuine troll account here.

Now, usually, I love trolling. But it's gotta be tasteful/funny... This is bait.

View attachment 318971
Remember that oneshot1kill guy, with his huban huban hitting the same hole in the mud at 300yds 😀 this grammerman might be him lol, they sure do sound alike, maybe they are brothers 😀

Reactions: grammerman
@grammerman, my credentials and many others here on AGN are that we just love to shoot. We like airguns. We don’t come here to discuss “pneumatic weapons”. This site promotes the use of airguns for “sporting uses”, ex: competitions, hunting, pesting, etc. Anything can be made a “weapon”. Please let’s keep it light and about the hobby itself. I am not questioning or doubting your credentials. Just asking you to consider the “common bonds” between us.

Debatable because opinions vary, and mine does

View attachment 318971
Lol, you sound like a pbnatiom poster from decade ago!

• Love
Reactions: AirShootist
Why do you keep quoting yourself and reposting it? You act like someone shouldn't have an opinion unless their credentials meet your standards. Everyone is impressed by you. Wow.

I bet we can get back on track, and that would be great.
I don't know what kinds of tools grammerguy will claim he has invented but he certainly is one...tempted to exercise my first ever ignore here on AGN.