SKOUT TRAIN, ANYONE?

I spoke with Darrell about 6 weeks ago. The gun should be out. Anyone bit the bullet? I couldn't pull the trigger on a $3,000 advance for a ghost.
No reports from users or testers yet. Can it function and will it shoot? I was chompin' but I have to see the action.
You know the wife wants that kind of money for a new refrigerator
Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 10.59.09 AM.jpg

If I were Skout, I’d have a couple of really good shooters compete with their gun at EBR, in the EFT, 100Y BR and Open Class Speed Silo. Let’s see how they do in competition, which is really the only way. Also, have a booth set up so others can shoot the gun for themselves. Surely they must have some First Article Production models ready by now…?
As far as shooting high power at low(er) pressure, has everyone forgotten about the USFT guns? Yes, most are 20 FPE but there are some that shoot 50 FPE. Most shoot from 1500 psi down to 1200 psi…
I know that good performance can come from lower pressure, (one of my old marauders is tuned to get 16 full power shots from 1900psi down to 1400psi shooting JSB 25gr) but if I recall correctly the Skout guys were initially talking about reg pressures around 800 psi….. I’m just not seeing it. I estimate that they will bring to market something that is exactly in line with the performance numbers we commonly see already and not some ground breaking new technology. But maybe I’m wrong. I hope they do actually have something special there that’s going to revolutionize our air consumption.

I can believe lower pressure can do well , gee think of it while our pcp advanced to shoot a few hundred yards with slugs and a bit less with pellets , , the Lewis and clark pcp gun killed game at 150 to 200 yards in 1800s with 800 psi , so why all people doubt , it was done a few hundred years ago . I am not saying the Girardon gun they made would do sub moa but heck it had the power on low pressure
1024px-Girandoni_Air_Rifle.jpg

Skout is living in never never land thinking any serious Airgunner is going to drop that kind of dime on essentially a mystery product. They need to get these out to reputable reviewers before they ask for pre-orders.
Dana I tend to agree. I saw the Epoch at Shot Show, but anything at Shot like that I don't hold my breath for being a concept gun and all. We actually just discussed it this last episode for a minute. Seems like a cool idea and I like the new blood and all, but I would love to see some reviewers like yourself and even some range day demonstration to know more about it.

-Atlas

If I were Skout, I’d have a couple of really good shooters compete with their gun at EBR, in the EFT, 100Y BR and Open Class Speed Silo. Let’s see how they do in competition, which is really the only way. Also, have a booth set up so others can shoot the gun for themselves. Surely they must have some First Article Production models ready by now…?
As far as shooting high power at low(er) pressure, has everyone forgotten about the USFT guns? Yes, most are 20 FPE but there are some that shoot 50 FPE. Most shoot from 1500 psi down to 1200 psi…
Yeah it would be great to see minimally a booth there. I bet you a few guys would switch platforms if they could keep the airgun as payment for the gamble. Heck, maybe they would do it just for the fun for an event they plan to drop.

-Atlas

Reactions: Centercut