sling stud in fx royale forearm

I have a Royal 400, and I attached a short pic rail with sling swivel hole. I used machine screws and T nuts, but wood screws would probably hold fine. Mine is a synthetic stock, but I've used the same method on laminate stocks, and it worked fine. You need a Forstner syle drill bit to make the large, smooth hole for the nut. 

20210423_114035.1619192856.jpg

20210423_114017.1619192858.jpg

I have a Royal 400, and I attached a short pic rail with sling swivel hole. I used machine screws and T nuts, but wood screws would probably hold fine. Mine is a synthetic stock, but I've used the same method on laminate stocks, and it worked fine. You need a Forstner syle drill bit to make the large, smooth hole for the nut.

View attachment 150797

View attachment 150808
What’s you do for the tee nuts, just cut the teeth off them or flatten them? Also does it matter what size/length screw? Looking to do this on my crown.

What’s you do for the tee nuts, just cut the teeth off them or flatten them? Also does it matter what size/length screw? Looking to do this on my crown.
The screws and nuts came with my rail, but you can buy them at most hardware stores. Since there is not much room to spare with the Royale, I used a Fortner bit to make a neat round recess for the nut, bent the teeth off with pliers, and cut the screw length.

Perfect that’s what I needed to know. Mine didn’t come with hardware. I just ordered the tee nuts and have some longer black button screws to use that are extra long that I can just grind off at whatever length I need. Just need to get the forstner but whatever size that will be for the tee nut and I should be good to go.
I can't remember the size forstner bit I used, if it's slightly too large, not a problem. I believe I may have also had to grind off some of the length of the T nut . I used them on several rifles, and they are too long for some applications, but still plenty of threaded length available.