Slug guns

had a great day with my dad on Sunday shooting some prairie dogs. Pushing those 34 grain patriots and my gun to its limits.

19E9BAC8-03C2-41CF-A0BB-BE6C5481BDF3.jpeg

They dont seem to hibernate in your area...

At my elevation the little turds sleep all winter. Won't see a pdog from mid October through mid-March. Whatever variety it is that we have here stay down in their holes til it quits freezing at night.

A guy that winters here in AZ but is from Colorado (he was coming to our XFT matches) told me that his pdogs up in CO don't hibernate either, which surprised me. Here in my little high desert farming community, I must have the laziest subspecies that exists.

Last edited:
had a great day with my dad on Sunday shooting some prairie dogs. Pushing those 34 grain patriots and my gun to its limits.

View attachment 330258

At my elevation the little turds sleep all winter. Won't see a pdog from mid October through mid-March. Whatever variety it is that we have here stay down in their holes til it quits freezing at night.

A guy that winters here in AZ but is from Colorado (he was coming to our XFT matches) told me that his pdogs up in CO don't hibernate either, which surprised me. Here in my little high desert farming community, I must have the laziest subspecies that exists.
I’m no expert by any means. But these dogs are active year round even when there is snow as long as the suns out their out. I drive by them 3-4 times a month due to my job. I’ll try and get pics if it snows again

The ground squirrels we have here are out from March til June. Other than that you rarely see them. They are also smaller than P dogs.