Slug sizing info help

Just wondering what some of you custom slug builders or guys that do it at home what do y'all use for a slug sizer and I was just wondering if something like this would work

Just wondering what some of you custom slug builders or guys that do it at home what do y'all use for a slug sizer and I was just wondering if something like this would work

I'm not sure what that is exactly... hard to tell from the photos.

I use a lee setup. Single press, with either the classic sizer kit or the breech lock sizer kit. I don't like the breech lock kit as much as the classic, but it has a wider range of available sizes and the dies are cheaper.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I make my own sizers for my big bore airgun slugs. The through hole of the die is reamed to bore diameter. I use a taper pin reamer to cut the lead-in on the die. I use the same tapered reamer to cut the barrel lead-in. Each die has two punches. An adjustable punch that controls how far the slug is set into the taper. That also controls the maximum diameter at the tail (driving band, if there is one). I usually size so that the driving band is about 0.001” smaller diameter than the grooves. I lube the slug and punch it into the die using a plastic mallet and adjustable punch. The nose of the slug ends up sized to ride the bore. Then I use the brass punch to drive the slug back out of the die.

7mm die set and .308 die set.

IMG_3145.jpeg

this sizer is used for smokeless/sabotless muzzle loaders.