• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is prohibited in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Smith & Wesson 78G .22 - excellent condition

Classified Status
NLA

ctshooter

Oct 30, 2018
CT, United States
Sales Rules:
  • I accept PayPal or Venmo - F&F only. Not my preference, but will also do check or USPS MO and ship once cleared.
  • CONUS shipping is included in the asking price.
  • I will go based on PM timestamp.
  • Please - no trade offers for this sale.
Another awesome vintage pistol I am looking to sell is this .22 Smith & Wesson 78G. I have several of the 78G and 79G airguns and can say these are some of best CO2 pistols out there. The design is so easy to work on, the trigger is very nice (a little heavy but crisp and predictable, IIRC the only airgun built by S&W and designed as a trainer for the PB version). There is a hammer spring adjustment screw underneath the muzzle. This particular 78G came to me leaking very badly. I cleaned up all the old dried up o-rings and polished up the brass mating parts. All o-rings have been replaced and a new valve installed using a valve and reseal kit from crosman600repair on eBay (original valve will be included).

This 78G is in excellent condition with the only mark I can find being on the left side up near the muzzle. Holds CO2 with no issues and shoots very accurately. It comes with the original box, CO2 cartridges, pellets and documentation. As shown in the pictures below serial numbers match on the pistol, box and warranty card. This is a true collectors item.

Price $300 obo SHIPPED

Smith Wesson 78G Sale - 1.jpeg
Smith Wesson 78G Sale - 5.jpeg
Smith Wesson 78G Sale - 6.jpeg
Smith Wesson 78G Sale - 3.jpeg
Smith Wesson 78G Sale - 2.jpeg
Smith Wesson 78G Sale - 4.jpeg
Smith Wesson 78G Sale - 8.jpeg
Smith Wesson 78G Sale - 9.jpeg
Smith Wesson 78G Sale - 7.jpeg

Last edited: