Sneak Peek at the DonnyFl RYU and YOKOZUNA

With the permission from Donny we would like to put a few rumors to rest. Yes DonnyFl is still making silencers for airguns and has been selling them outside the USA for a while. Due to the issues they have had, that we have all heard about and we are not going to go over again, there have been a few products that have been ready for release but have been held back.

We were able to talk with Donny and the crew last week and get our hands on two of the newest silencers they are making. With great enthusiasm and honor we would like to introduce the RYU and the YOKOZUNA
Donny_1.jpg

These are both Aluminum made user adjustable silencers that are quick disconnect. Both units use the same barrel attachment system. They have the 1/2x20 threads that will screw on to any air rifle currently. With the Tri-Lug design you are able to match up the dimple on lower unit with the set screw on the mount. A Multi wave compression spring keeps tension on the unit, then a simple twist and the unit is secured and you have a solid lock up. With the two we currently have we are able to use the same mount for either of the silnecers.

Donny_2.jpg

Donny_3.jpg

A look at the break down of the two silencers. Again the YOKOZUNA on top and the RYU on the bottom. The threads are very smooth and there is no apparent grittyness or roughness when tightening the parts. Each baffle has an o-ring on it to help seal the unit and keep things snug, while still maintaining the ability to take down easily. There will be the opportunity to add baffles to the silencers in the future, so you can customize each unit to your needs at any given time. There was talk as well about the possibility of having adapters being made for other silencers on the market right now. There was no time line mentioned about this part, but they are working on it.

We have been able to shoot both of these unit for a little bit and we are quite impressed. We have been shooting both of the silencers on the FX Panthera 700mm in 22 cal tuned to shoot the Javelin 34 grain slugs at 960 fps. Between the YOKOZUNA and the RYU to my ears there is a difference in the tone and pitch, but both are very quiet and able to tame the bark from the Panthera. The most impressive aspect to these silencers is going to be the price. Donny is looking at getting these under $200, because as Donny said "I want to be fair". And honestly a silencer of this quality for under $200 is a great deal and extremely fair.

Donny_4.jpg
Donny_5.jpg

There is plenty of things happening and getting done down at the DonnyFl shop. So don't worry about them going anywhere soon there is plenty more to come out from the guys in Florida.

We want to thank Donny for allowing us the chance to do a quick write up and a small review for you guys. You can be sure we will be carrying both of these silencers here in the shop, as well as any accessories for them as well. If there are any questions about these please ask and we will do our best to answer what we can.

Thanks guys!

I dont really ned QD mount, CUZ i am not ever in a pinch like that.
Actually once installed i prefer to not take the moderator off again, well at least not for transport.

I dont think i will be able to justify the price for one of these though, their stuff seem expensive.
Same go for a lot of bipods, hence why i use a dirt cheap one meant for a airsoft rifle.

This is going to be excellent. I love the modular design and the 1/4 twist off. Do you know if the sections will be available in additional colors? A little bling is always great.

Please let us know as soon as these become available.

Different colors I am not sure of at this point. I can reach out to Donny and see if that is an option. Or it will be like Henry Ford said, "You can have any color you want, as long as it is black."

Hi .. So for a size comparison.. the small one is as thick as the koy and the other as thick as the sumo ..?

Let me grab a measurements and I will let you know. But from handling them the RYU will be closer to the diameter of the Koy for sure. The YOKOZUNA will be closer to the Sumo.

Reactions: mercado
The fitment between the base and adapter is very tight and the tolerances are very close. Donny typically has the openings a bit larger than the diameter of the pellets being shot. This is because many airgun barrels are not actually centered, which is why when you are threading a barrel for a firearm you use the bore as a reference point and not the outside surface of the barrel. The chances of the bore being EXACTLY in the center is very VERY rare.

The departure from the felt lined units is a HUGE plus on these silencers when you are talking about the higher powered rifles. The higher powered rifles can have a tendency to pull the felt through the mesh and reduce the effectiveness of the silencer. The low powered say under 20 ft/lb rifles will work really well with the felt and hair curler style units.

It is nice seeing new styles coming out from a few companies for sure.

YOKOZUNA measures at 1.6" (40.66 mm)

RYU measures at 1.20" (30.47 mm)
Thank you... Now could you please elaborate another tread when possible about the Red Panda 🙂 .. things like approximately release date.. better pics .. would it be possible to change calibers .. or would it one caliber only . I'm really interested in putting my hands in this Toy .. thanks

Reactions: Engg.Ken