Snowpeak Snowpeak M60B first impression

Still waiting for the new scope/rings.
My HW100 rat gun has a slow leak to the air cylinder so I might, for the time being, make this M60B my rat gun setup.
Only if the weather corporate and just stop raining...

So far the rail fits perfectly with my Pard008S LRF and the external 850nm IR light. And the 20 shots magazine will come in handy to house the 16gr Hades pellet.

Can it be a deadly rat gun? I will have to test and find out, lol.

M60B-rat-setup2.jpg

M60B-rat-setup.jpg

Last edited:
Rain stopped today so I got out there to shoot a few rounds with the Snowpeak M60B paired with Pard008 LRF.

This was the first time I shot it since receiving it a week ago on Jan.19. It was a cloudy sky with some wind, not an ideal condition to test out a new gun, but I was eager to find out what it can do.

I filled up the bottle to 220 bar and proceeded with the accuracy tests. I chose 4 pellets: AA 16gr, AA 18gr, JSB 18gr and Hades 16gr.

I started out with the AA and JSB 18gr shooting at 30 yards. Both pellets were flying out at around 923 fps, 34.1 ft.lb with a STD of 4.5 fps. On paper these numbers are fantastic, but the groupings was not good. 1.41" ctc with 10 shots. I was not happy with it but I pressed on.

Next up was the Hades 16gr follow by the AA 16gr. Both projectiles were going around 957fps, 32.5 ft.lb with a STD of 4.7 fps.
Luckily the Hades were grouping tight at 0.73" 10 shots including one flyer. Removing the flyer, it was at 0.50" with 9 shots. The AA 16gr was a bit larger group at 1".

I was excited with how the Hades performed with its first 10 shots group so I continued to shoot more groups at 30 yards then moving out to 50 yards. The groups were consistently tight and keep in mind that it was a windy day as well. But they were grouping and that was what I was hoping to see.
I shot two 5 shots group at 50 yards. The first group was me trying to find the POA. Then I shot a 0.75" group with 5 shots. I stopped and called it a day, lol.

This gun definitely has potential to be a great shooter. The trigger is not like my FX Impact MK2 but it doesn't cost over $2,000.00. I find the cocking lever is a bit long, but quite smooth. The major issue I have so far with this rifle is the loud twanging sound it makes when the shot is being fired. I am not sure if it the HS being too hard or this is the cause of the mechanical parts inside the hammer/spring/valve area.

Other than that, it is a nice gun with a good price of $800cdn. This was straight out of the box and I was able to get 3/4" group at 50 yards with the Hades 16gr. I will continue to shoot other pellets and slugs before making any adjustments to the Reg and HS. I want to see if it likes other ammo with the factory setting.

I am using this gun as my second rat gun since my HW100 is out of commission now with a slow leak.

Here is my Ratimator2.

Snowpeak-Ratimator2.jpg

View attachment M60B-Hades-30-yards.jpg

View attachment M60B-Hades-50-yards.jpg

View attachment M60B-Hades-30-yards-10-shots.jpg

I think I observed something in another video of this gun that seems like a great idea. I think the magazine on the M60 goes right in the middle of the action so it hangs out the same small amount on each side. There are many bullpups that I would be interested in except for the fact they project a magazine right in my face. I shoot from my left shoulder. Why can't gun makers put the magazine in the middle? I love my SPA P35s, their magazine is flush on both sides. The pellet has to be in the middle so why does the magazine have to be offset sticking out on the left?

Reactions: Perle
It’s sure looks the part.
Accuracy is descent enough especially considering conditions

Definitely post video.

800 bucks, eh ? Hmm.
Yes, it does look pretty cool with the platform. Very similar to that of an Impact in terms of look. Since I have an Impact I have been spoiled with quality trigger and its performance. But this M60B is actually not too bad. So far I am satisfied with the Hades 16gr pellets. I would need to do more shooting and testing other pellets as well as slugs. Video should be out next Saturday morning. I think you will like it.

I can't wait to shoot some rats with this setup.

Yup, $800 CDN plus taxes and shipping of course.

Reactions: Perle
I think I observed something in another video of this gun that seems like a great idea. I think the magazine on the M60 goes right in the middle of the action so it hangs out the same small amount on each side. There are many bullpups that I would be interested in except for the fact they project a magazine right in my face. I shoot from my left shoulder. Why can't gun makers put the magazine in the middle? I love my SPA P35s, their magazine is flush on both sides. The pellet has to be in the middle so why does the magazine have to be offset sticking out on the left?
Yes, you are correct. The magazine sits in the middle so you can use the cheek rest shooting left and right handed.

@miksatx. How does yours shoot? What is its favourite pellet? So far, it likes the Hades 16gr. I will do more pellet tests soon and see what happens. I will post the first shoot video next Saturday. 3/4" group with 5 shots at 50 yards was the result. Still too early to conclude its performance but it definitely showed its potential thus far. Yes, it is heavy with the aluminum bottle. I might upgrade it to the carbon fibre after.