Snowpeak Snowpeak M60B first impression

Just got my .22 today (second hand) I switched to a different (B5) grip to suit my liking.

Seems like a quality unit at msrp. Magazine seems to be good as well. Put a quick 100rd thru, mag had 0 issue. Thats nice. 20rd cap is great!

Dont feel the mag at all while shooting.

Very quiet with a homebrew 3D moderator, super happy. Does have the "sproingy" noise tho as discussed.

Previous owner said the JSB redesigns shot best...got some on the way to try. Contemplating a day/night scope for it.

Nothing scientific but I like it so far, as a step up from the Notos. For stationary tripod squirrel hunting, from a blind.

Notos wont be going anywhere for a woods walker, its perfect for that. Looking forward to everyone's opinions and mods on the M60.

Im interested in:
What bipod suits this best, maybe using one those fancy rail extenders
Figuring out some sling mounts.
Maybe some cheek pad

Unrealistic wish list includes:
Cocking handle on other side
Gauge on other side
Safety on other side, with standard milspec thumb action...would be awesome.

That said, I think this is a winner for the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Firewalker
Just got my .22 today (second hand) I switched to a different (B5) grip to suit my liking.

Seems like a quality unit at msrp. Magazine seems to be good as well. Put a quick 100rd thru, mag had 0 issue. Thats nice. 20rd cap is great!

Very quiet with a homebrew 3D moderator, super happy. Does have the "sproingy" noise tho as discussed.

Previous owner said the JSB redesigns shot best...got some on the way to try. Contemplating a day/night scope for it.

Nothing scientific but I like it so far, as a step up from the Notos. For stationary tripod squirrel hunting, from a blind.

Notos wont be going anywhere for a woods walker, its perfect for that. Looking forward to everyone's opinions and mods on the M60.

Im interested in:
Maybe some cheek pad

Gauge on other side

That looks good! The handle has a nice color to this combo. Please update which pellet gives the best group. The CF bottle is a very nice upgrade.

Reactions: WIndOnYerGrape

Im interested in:
Maybe some cheek pad

Gauge on other side

Ill look at mine but I bet a gauge on the other side is just a matter of drilling and tapping a hole and bottoming it square for the flat seal.

• Love
Something like this?

Let me know what you figure out on the gauge!

On the bipod rail, I was thinking this: https://sabertacticalinc.com/produc...tinny-rail-st0032?_pos=1&_sid=558e899d0&_ss=r - Would be slick for tripod use as well.

Im realizing, the M60 only has 2 pic slots instead of 3 like the FX. ...so that may matter for fitment of the ST rail?

For $13 I may get this and cut one of the clamps off....just to play for now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M3880A4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let me know what you figure out on the gauge!

On the bipod rail, I was thinking this: https://sabertacticalinc.com/produc...tinny-rail-st0032?_pos=1&_sid=558e899d0&_ss=r - Would be slick for tripod use as well.

Im realizing, the M60 only has 2 pic slots instead of 3 like the FX. ...so that may matter for fitment of the ST rail?

For $13 I may get this and cut one of the clamps off....just to play for now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M3880A4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
that's a nice rail. It will work with cutting the front clamp off. You might need to add a piece of wood or rubber to fill the gap between the rail and the bottle. Too bad I can't order that one as no shipping to my location.

I worked on my M60 this weekend, mostly replacing o-rings that are wear items. Such as the bottle QD stem (006), the one way foster fitting and the forward gauge o-ring.

I had a tough time getting the locking nut off of the regulator stem and once I did remove it, I decided to leave it off the stem since it's well protected between the bottle and barrel.

I adjusted the reg to 150 bar and was sizzling at 1000fps with JTS 18.1gr pellets.

NSA slugs shot ok but need tuning and more speed, perhaps I'll try 160 bar.

Nice rail attachment. I would buy one if it wasn't that expensive. I have settled to making my own, lol.

DIY rail for M60B.jpg

Reactions: Rich_B